Jason's Organic Pizza Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizza, appetizers, salads, sandwiches, fresh house-made breads and soft pretzels. Has vegan Daiya cheese and gluten-free - call ahead to confirm. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, American, Pizza, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by cole
passedout
passedout

Perhaps I Should Try It Again?

2 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

I went to Jason's recently for the first time. I was very excited to have a place with vegan options so close to the beach. A few things were amiss:

- The menu does not have a complete list of their food. When I asked the staff about it they said "what do you want, we can make anything vegan". I had heard they had vegan mozzarella sticks, however they weren't on the menu. I had to ask if they had them.

- The food was not quite good. We order calzones which were said to have a "tofu ricotta" in them. This was basically just smushed up tofu. There was no spices or ingredients to render this being any sort of "tofu ricotta". I also order the calzone with broccoli and mock meatballs. It only had the mock meatballs in it. For the most part it was pretty tasteless.

- This was relatively expensive as well. For two calzones, one order of mozzarella sticks and a drink we paid $42.

Some of my friends rave about this place. Did I just order the wrong thing?

Pros: Organic Ingredients
Cons: Expensive, Bad Food, Confusing menu
L.Estelle
L.Estelle

yummy

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

Just like how I remembered pizza and missed tasting

Pros: delicious, yummy, variety
Cons: only one or two guys working at a time
RVK
RVK

Great! Great! Great!

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2011

Loved the Vegan Fav pizza - hummus, artichokes, and kalamata olives, and daiya cheese - delicious!

Pros: vegan options, organic , friendly
cole
cole

Organic Goodness!

4 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

Jason's Organic Cafe is a refreshing change to the typical local choices. The Organic & Vegan menu options are exciting and taste awesome as well! Jason is knowledgeable and health minded. He makes all of his own organic pizza dough & bread himself. The tomato sauce is impressively organic as well, which is great as tomatoes are one of the vegetables that are commonly loaded with pesticides and are usually genetically modified. I love the creative vegan pizza made with hummus, and topped with artichokes, kalamata olives, and Daiya cheese. The very veggie pie with zucchini, eggplant parm, and veggie burger are great too. The organic salads, organic stuffed mushrooms, and organic soft pretzels are great appetizer choices. I love this place and I'm so happy to have tasty local organic convenience food! I have no reason to eat out anywhere else!

Pros: Organic!, Healthy, Delicious

Dear Owner and Manager of Jason's Organic Pizza Cafe: