Jardim dos Sentidos

Vegetarian food restaurant in a pleasant atmosphere. Lunch is buffet style. Dairy is used, so vegans to inquire. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Buffet, Portugese
Rua da Mae D'Agua, 3, Lisboa (Uptown)
Lisbon, Portugal 1250-154
+351-213423670

Open Mon-Fri.

First Review by super8J
RasmuStrand
RasmuStrand

Thoroughly lovely

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

This was a very nice find thanks to HappyCow. Ate a lovely lunch buffet in the shaded back yard. Food was well prepared and varied, and the desert menu held many promises.
This is a place you go back to. Just a block away is another restaurant called Bio, which was also great, just not THIS great.

Pros: Food tasty and well prepared, Modest prices, Great calm atmosphere
Cons: Slightly difficult to locate
JasmijnBoonstra
JasmijnBoonstra

delicious!!

5 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

Last night we went tot Jardim dos Sentidos. And the food was great. The desserts were briljant. My friend can only have vegetariam cheese and no eggs . And she could have all the desserts!! There are also some vegan options. So if you are a vegetarian, you must come here, if you are in Lisbon!!

elrujo
elrujo

GREAT INTERIOR STYLE

4 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

eat here

feels amazing inside and food is very good too

Pros: great location, tasty
hack_man
hack_man

Makes Sense

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2013

What a wonderful place indeed. Beautiful inside with a plush conservatory area and garden. The buffet here is excellent value here at €8.90 (as of September 2013) and of excellent quality with huge vegan choice. It's worth asking which items aren't vegan, and there were only 3 from a large number of items available. I would guess the buffet is generally the same every day with a few changes thrown in for variety. Lisbon veggie places tend to offer a great value buffet, it seems to be the trend here - but a good one. My only issue is that I always eat too much, so I can't really complain. The buffet consists of things such as lasagne, tofu casserole, vegetable rice, veggie soya mince, sweetcorn balls, a delicious creamy aubergine casserole, noodles, fried potatoes with seitan and onion, various vegetables and dips, salads amongst other things I could not remember. Beautiful place my friends, a truly lovely vegetarian establishment.

Pros: food, price, free tea
sugarcubes33
sugarcubes33

Absolutely great

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

I had lunch in here on my second visit to Lisbon. Food taste and selection were absolutely fabulous. In fact, it was best vegetarian lunch I ever had.

Pros: Food
Phoebealexandra
Phoebealexandra

A Lisboa Treasure

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

I went here for Lunch- for which they only have a buffet. You can sit inside the comfortably decorated dining room, or outside under a fully closed tent. The outside seating is just gorgeous with a little pond, blankets for every table and beautifully colored decor all over. The buffet was delightful. Three different salads and an array if warm food. When I was there they had a chickpea and tomato salad, a carrot salad, and cabbage salad. The warm foot was DELICIOUS. They had a lasagna, a seitan stew, a tofu and onion stew, pesto pasta, all sorts of fried veggies, and so much more. They also had a warn cinimon tea to was it all down. The total price was 9€- a value considering the quality of the food and restaurant. I highly recommend giving it a try, I know I'll be back before the end of my stay in Lisbon!

Pros: The Food, The Decor/Environment, A Good Value For Lunch
Cons: The Staff Could Have Been More Helpful
andres.drifter
andres.drifter

just ok

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

that restaurant keeps the same level, as i see in other reviews. In fact is more expensive, than other good veg-restaurants in Lisbon, you have to pay around 10e for meal. But there was quite big variety in vegan options and the waiter said, that they don't use eggs anymore. Food was ok, some dishes better, some worse, but finally we were satisfied, even though there was pretty hot.

Pros: vegan options, ambient, quality
Cons: price, lack of air condition
vinnyk
vinnyk

Nice but expensive

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

The directions we had to the Restaurant made us feel we had walked up and down the hilly roads for hours, but the atmosphere here really helped! Good service and friendly staff. Mushroom starter was nice and Veg kebab was really good. But the tofu was quite hard and salty. Otherwise was okay all round.

Pros: Great Decor, Friendly
Cons: Location, Expensive
ejthiggs
ejthiggs

Nice place but a bit pricey

3 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

My partner and I ate here on a Monday lunchtime in July 2012. At lunch the restaurant is a buffet only. It was pretty busy, always a good sign, and we were pleased with the food but it was the most expensive place we ate whilst in Lisbon. However it was still cheap compared to British prices. There weren't many salads but the selection of hot food was good, including delicious rice balls and chilli beans. We paid about 28 euros including drinks. The waiting staff speak good English.

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: A bit more expensive than other buffets
Sonita Amor
Sonita Amor

Good for vegetarian introduction

3 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2012

Unfortunately this restaurant is not vegan.
Has a nice kind of oriental decor.
Is a good restaurant for gathering non-vegetarian family or friends for demystifying vegetarian food.
Buffet at lunch, a la carte at dinners.

Pros: A la carte at dinners, central
Cons: non-vegan, parking
VeganColleen
VeganColleen

This place needs more vegan options!

3 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

My husband and I visited this place. Only two items on the menu were vegan and one wasn't available, so we got the remaining two options. His was okay (I can't remember what it was) and mine, the kofta balls, were delicious. If they'd had more vegan options we would have gone there more than once.

Pros: Beautiful restaurant, Helpful staff, Pretty tasty
Cons: Expensive, Almost no vegan options
tarchi
tarchi

Nice place, excellent food

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

A first class-restaurant for the food, but the price is reasonable. I was there twice in a very hot period, last August, but the athomosphere was comfortable. A large choice of dishes and a good service.

gcampanella
gcampanella

Nice restaurant with good food... except desserts

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

I eat there twice, once for dinner (about two months ago) and once for lunch (a few days ago).
Lunch is served buffet style, and includes a rich selection of great tasting main and side dishes. My only remark is about salads, which weren't as abundant and varied as the rest of the food.
As for dinner, the restaurant reverts to a more classic à la carte style. I tried the vegetable koftas which were good, but nothing to rave about.
On a general note, desserts would really need some improvement: the only vegan option listed in the menu is a strange concoction of dried fruit pastes that's not particularly appealing. On the day I had lunch there, they also had a freshly made vegan apple pie, which was somewhat better than the other option but definitely not on par with the rest of the food.

Finally, the space is very pleasant and nicely decorated, and the garden itself is charming and relaxing.

Pros: Lunch buffet, Good value, Pleasant space
Cons: a la carte dinner menu, Desserts
Jenny G
Jenny G

Great garden

3 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2011

I went here recently with my boyfriend, a lapsed vegan, who had been here and eaten 'the best lasagne ever'. We went for the lunch buffet, and the selection was quite small, and the salads almost non-existent. To be honest, I was disappointed. I had high expectations and it was just average, definitely on a par with the other mediocre veg. places in Lisbon and not much available for vegans. Considering the higher price than some of its competitors, I wouldn't suggest it above the others. What saved it for me was the lovely garden, although, unfortunately, it allowed smoking outside, so that spoilt it somewhat.
Overall, I'd say not bad, worth trying for variety, but not great for vegans and pricier than average.

Pros: Lovely garden
Cons: Lack of vegan dishes, Expensive
hitesh
hitesh

Excellent food

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

Excellent food. Creative dishes, using recipes from different cuisines around the world. The place itself is very inspiring, elegant in its simplicity and with friendly staff.

Pros: Excellent food, location , decoration
shapesh1ft
shapesh1ft

Good buffet and active service

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2010

The buffet is good but nothing special compared to other Lisbon veggie buffets. Still very good vegan food. The service was very active and there were some vegan deserts too. The place was crowded so it must be quite popular among tourists and locals alike. Prices are moderate.

Pros: Service, Vegan options
Cons: Crowded
Ina
Ina

Nice place!

3 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2010

This place has an incredible atmosphere and it's close to a nice park, however the food is just good, not excellent. together with the atmosphere, it's worth coming here!

super8J
super8J

Speedy service and reasonable food

3 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2009

This is quite a large restuarant, pretty quiet at 8pm but full and buzzing by 9pm (the Portuguese like to eat late). All dishes veggie or vegan and clearly marked. We started on the rolls and olives that come as standard and moved on to chilli made with soya mince and plenty of peppers - quite a kick but over salty for my taste. Followed by a rather rubbery pancake overflowing with syrup and a 'gelatinous' cheese cake for my friend. All washed down with a good sized and reasonably priced beer each. I'd rate the food as "reasonable" but nothing special... entirely servicable for a no frills meal (came to 20 euros each with tip). The speed of service was, however, remarkable!

Pros: Reasonable price, Speedy, friendly service, Dual language menu
Cons: Slightly unimaginative cooking

Dear Owner and Manager of Jardim dos Sentidos: