Veggie restaurant in the city centre. Offers a buffet of vegan foods with hot entrees, salads, and sauces. Has gluten-free. The only non-vegan item is yoghurt in a dressing. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Portuguese, Western, Buffet, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

StephenEamonn
StephenEamonn

Brilliant Buffet!

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2014

A fantastic vegetarian buffet restaurant centrally located. On a bit of a side street so it takes some map reading to find it but it's well worth it.
We arrived in the evening and it was busy but not overcrowded. We got a friendly welome and a nice table for 2 beside the window. For only €9 we got a complete buffet, with soup, salads, snacks and 4 main course options. There are sweets and cakes available for dessert that looked delicious, but we were so full that we couldn't manage it. Everything was vegan except for 1 vegetarian dish.
Nice decor, warm atmosphere and delicious food.
Would definitely recommend it to all!

Pros: Delicious food, Wide range of choices, Reasonable prices
Cons: A bit hard to find
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Very nice & tasty restaurant!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

The restaurant is located in the heart of Lisbon and they have a daily buffet for 7.50€!!!!!
I had already been there last time I was in Lisbon and needed to go back!
The food is almost 100% vegan and so tasty!!! They also offer some typical Portuguese dishes on the buffet like "feijoada".
Prices are really cheap and the food is excellent.
Haven't tasted the desserts though as I had already eaten too much with the buffet haha.
They have some leaflets available about against animal testing or bullfighting

Pros: Excellent food, Price, Location
SusieSuspicious
SusieSuspicious

tasty and affordable

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2014

Good food on the buffet - make sure to come hungry. Very friendly staff.

biba
biba

Good food, price okay

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

I went there for the dinner buffet. You could chose between salad, soup and warm stuff. The soup wasn't that good but the salad bar and the warm dishes were really tasty. It's almost vegan (except for one salad dressing). The staff is really nice. It's around 10€ per person and you can eat as much as you want to. I would definitely recommand it. It's not haute cuisine but it's good.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Good prices
Siouxsie
Siouxsie

The best!!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

I tried it at lunch: there was a big buffet, almost all was vegan. There was free tea and everything was very good and healthy. All this for only about 8 euro. Really good even if it was a bit far from the city center and difficult to find.

• Dany Dany

just to inform that actually this place is at the center of Lisbon and not far from it as you claim. It is the bizz and shopping area and 2 minutes walking from Bairro Alto and Chiado and Rossio ....

Misscoriander
Misscoriander

Nice People Good Food

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

The guys in the restaurant where very friendly and helpfull. The food was buffet style and had a lot of indian curries.it was good but not great.a bit underspiced in any way.but as we found out,it seems to be that the portuguese people arent so much into spices.the cakes for desert where delicious! The place could be more nice

Pros: Service, Deserts
Cons: Place Not Very Nice
mikebenda
mikebenda

Excellent food, good selection, great prices

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2014

After spending a few days down on the Southern Algarve coast of Portugal, where vegetarian food was hard to find, I was delighted to arrive in Lisbon and find this gem of a restaurant.

I found the food tasty and there was a nice variety to choose from. I'd definitely go back the next time I visit.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Price
Elvie
Elvie

Nice food in a great place

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2014

Great location, nice selection of foods to choose from a buffet, drinks to order from the menu. Nice atmosphere, pretty busy at around 8pm on Saturday night with a mixed crowd.

Pros: Good selection, Good location, Nice, friendly atmosphere
jannes
jannes

Beautiful Vegan Food In A Friendly Atmosphere

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

Great place: fresh, cheap, almost all of it is vegan and they serve great fresh juices. I tried a carrot, orange and ginger combination. Nice surprising recipes and friendly staff.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Wide Variety, Great Juices
Pim
Pim

Great food, not expensive!

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

We had dinner here tonight. You pay a fixed price (+/- 10 euro) for a buffet with a great variety of vegan food! We all loved it!

Staff is super friendly and location is central!

Pros: food quality and variety, price, friendly staff
necroticheart
necroticheart

One of the best restaurants in Lisbon.

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

The food is viciously delicious, the atmosphere is cozy and the price is captivating.

Epstein
Epstein

A Gem

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

A buffet style restaurant with many choices of satisfying and tasty dishes with reasonable prices. Plenty of choice but fell down with the cold fare. Salads were not interesting and cold pastries do nothing for me. Definitely worth going for the hot dishes.
Of the 5 or 6 veg restaurants we went to in Lisbon, this was by far the best!

Pros: Great food, Modern attractive interior, Friendly proprietor
Cons: Only one dish was not tasty
ulpu
ulpu

A big yes for lunch, a no no for dinner!

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

Everything was vegan excluding one yoghurt dressing. Food was awesome and there was a lot of options. I have etaen there 5 times and the starters were always the same, warm food varied very little. The dinner was a big disappointment as most of the food was finished already and they weren't making more even it was 2 hours to the closing time. I would only go for lunch.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 30, 2011

Pros: vegan, fresh, simple food and place, service at lunch
Cons: running out of food at dinner, not much change on the menu, service at dinner
siljebergen
siljebergen

Good lunch

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

We went here for lunch, around 14:00 on a Saturday afternoon in late May. The place is very small, with not the best seating arrangement so I struggled getting in/out of my seat as the strange people next to me had to get up and get out every time I needed to get out. Except for this - we were very happy. For lunch I believe the options are a bit different than dinner. There were several shredded vegetables such as carrots, beetroot and lettuce with some oil-based dressings. For hot choices they had 2 different types of rice, a seitan dish, aubergine indian curry and a type of potato pie. As I am gluten intolerant I had to stay away from quite a few things here, which limited me quite a lot actually. Still, I loved the curry with rice and I had some chickpea salad - I got more than full. My husband is non-veg and he also loved the food. We also ordered freshly juiced vegetable juice where we chose the ingredients ourselves. I would definately recommend this place.

Pros: All-vegetarian, Different options to choose from, Has both lunch and dinner
Cons: Small place making the seating difficult, Not so good for celiacs/gluten int.
Menocas
Menocas

Restaurante muito bom

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Sou cliente assídua pois a variedade do buffet, de saladas, e o preço acessível faz-me voltar lá vezes sem conta.
Adoro as almondegas, a sopa que tem sempre um sabor indiano a cominhos que combina perfeitamente, o papadum e.... etc etc
VISTEM! NÃO SE VÃO ARREPENDER!

Pros: Comida excelente e de boa qualidade, Bom ambiente, preço acessível
Cons: Lugar para estacionar
thomas_b
thomas_b

Good food and good value

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

The buffet (March 2014: 10 €) was good. The meal were spicy. The atmosphere was okay but a little bit like in a cafeteria. But nevertheless: is was an inexpensive evening.

elrujo
elrujo

GOOD BUFFET

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

delicious buffet and quite cheap too

helpful people and warm environment

Pros: tasty food, warm people
Cons: not too healthy
robinm
robinm

Super Buffet For Lunch

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2014

Best vegetarian buffet, my prefered one in Lisboa :-)

Pros: Buffet, Centrical
JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Cherry on the Lisbon Cake

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Ate here once for lunch and once in the evening over the new year period. Good tasty hot options and salads and the central location is really convenient.
Nice fresh juices too.
Seemed very popular with people arriving on a regular basis.

Definitely one to call at over a few days in Lisbon.

Pros: Location, Good value, Tasty Food
Cons: Hot food options didnt completely vary
AnnaBellaBeacroft
AnnaBellaBeacroft

Delicious

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

I went here for lunch last week with my family. There is a really nice selection of hot and cold foods in the buffet. Soup, salads and various hot dishes (which were definitely the best). The food was delicious, varitey of flavours, all fresh and kept nice and hot. It's a good price at 7.50 all you can eat or 6 euros to takeaway. The aubergine curry noodles were great and so were the 'meatballs' in a creamy sauce. I didn't check but there seemed to be plenty of vegan options too. I'll definitely be back.

Pros: Food
Cons: Atmosphere/decoration is a bit basic
Andrez-ssi
Andrez-ssi

Really good

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2013

To be concise:

- good variety of foods in the buffet
- food was replaced regularly (which means it didn't actually get cold)
- since it's a buffet, you eat exactly the amount you want
- food was good, some were particularly delicious
-bathrooms were clean
-staff was nice
-really good dessert and juices

Pros: good food
Cons: there were a lot of costumers so it was
aylaread
aylaread

Great option for hungry herbivores!

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

This restaurant was stand out! I found this gem on HappyCow and couldn't have been more pleased! I just completed a marathon the day before and after travel all day to arrive to Lisbon was ravenous! This restaurant offered delicious vegan options on their fully vegetarian buffet! A variety of cold dishes from things to make a salad, cold cut veggies, different breads and crackers. There was also soup, several different types of rice, pastas, vegetable stews, dal and cooked veggies! It was amazing and the unlimited buffet access was under 10€. An unbeatable price! The also had a beverage chiller with many sodas, beers and wines and very good prices. I got a bottle of their house white for 6€! Yes, the entire bottle for 6€.
The staff was very kind as well and they had a comfortable, funky atmosphere. Overall, a great experience!

Pros: Great food!, Wide variety, Inexpensive wine
Genie_bray
Genie_bray

So much choice for vegetarians!

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

This place was amazing. They use no eggs but some dairy in a few things which is perfect for us.

There is a huge choice of cold salads and vegetables, also cold dishes like pizza, vegetable bread, popadoms and pakoras
But the real star is the hot foods. There was 2 different types of rices, pasta, steamed cauliflower and butternut squash, an amazing soya chunk dish in a Chinese sauce with courgette and mushrooms, Indian daal with tofu, and courgette roll ups with tofu. We couldn't believe the variety of choice and quality!

The woman who worked there was also able to explain what everything was which was great.

There was only 1 dessert option which was vegan fruit cheesecake and this was great.

This restaurant is centrally located, inexpensive and is a buffet so you can go up as many times as you want (and trust me, we did!!). I would absolutely recommend it to anyone!

Pros: Filling soya dishes, Quality as well as quantity, No eggs used at all!
Cons: Only one dessert option
matrosin
matrosin

Amazing vegan lasagna

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Buffet style restaurant with great food. One of the best vegan lasagnas I have ever eaten (I took it 3 times). With a lot of vegan bechamelsauce. Also indian dishes.

Cons: Not well presented, atmosphere isn't nice- what is a pitty, because the room is big and you could something out of it, and great food should be enjoyed in great atmosphere.

Pros: food
Cons: interior
psysof
psysof

Many vegan options

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Recently discovered this place in Chiado. For a correct price (7€+ lunch/ 9€+ dinner) you have a nice buffet with a variety of colds (salads, chicken peas, beetroots...) and hot dishes (usually 3 different). It is mainly vegetarian but with a couple of vegan options. Friendly, helpful staff. Good choice for a rapid meal.

Pros: quality of food, rapid
Cons: vegan "friendly" only, less choice same price for vegans
VitorHugo
VitorHugo

A lot of vegan options

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

Still not vegan... why??? why????
Went there several times and got really nice staff and unfriendly staff. The food is ok, several options and works as a buffet. Good option if you are on a budget.

Pros: Price, Staff knows whats vegan or glutten free
Cons: Lack of vegan desserts
Vegjules
Vegjules

In the heart of Lisbon

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

I've only been there at lunch time but they always have a nice buffet with lots of options! Although there are no labels, if you ask staff for the non-vegan dishes they will nicely inform you. It's in the centre of Lisbon so it almost always comes in hand whenever I'm visiting. The place is nice and quite. I highly recommend it if you are around!

Pros: Many vegan options, Location, Not expensive
Cons: Dishes not labelled, No wifi
hack_man
hack_man

Excellent Buffet

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

Having already been here once in February 2010 I was really looking forward to my second visit in August 2012. A really lovely little place in the heart of the city with seating for at least 30 people maybe even more. The extensive buffet was of a very high standard indeed and almost entirely vegan consisting of a good selection of hot dishes such as lasagne and tofu casserole (both vegan) plus numerous cold sides, dips and snacks and a soup. A bottle of house wine was only about €7 a bottle and the buffet was €9.90. We went an hour or so before the 23:00 closing time so the food wasn't as hot as I would have preferred but it was still fine. Pleasant surroundings and a nice atmosphere, I would certainly go there again if in Lisbon. I'll make absolutely sure of it. In fact, as of September 2013, a third visit has reinforced this as one of my favourite destinations in this beautiful city with dishes such as stuffed aubergine and vegan cannelloni. Such delights cannot be denied.

Pros: location, food, atmosphere
Cons: food could be kept hot better
Loli
Loli

Nice food at a good price

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

I liked the Indian taste, and the hot dishes.
Very good location and price.
Most of the food was vegan, just one sauce was vegetarian.
I would come back.

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 18, 2013

Pros: Great vegan variety, Prize, Tasty
Cons: Quality of the chikpeas and mushrooms
veggie coeliac
veggie coeliac

Good food

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

We went for the evening buffet at 9.50 euros and it was lovely. A great salad selection Koftas, braised tofu curry, pakoras, and things similar to toad in the hole, moussaka, and thick daal.
Not as indulgent or exciting as Terra, but then it is 6 euros cheaper. The amount of options was just enough to try everything without exploding!
We were feeling daring at ordered the 6 euro wine...a bit tart but we managed to finish it just fine. Would be good if they could label vegan food, restaurant only says vegetarian and there were some yoghurt/cream sauces. Most things were pretty obvious though.

Pros: Set price, Good range, Tasty food
Cons: Unmarked vegan/veg food
itsmeagain
itsmeagain

excellent cafe

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

A smallish cafe in the middle of Lisbon, all vegan, with a buffet menu only. It is 7 euros plus by day, 9 euros plus by night, which seems rather steep to be fair.
Super salads, including beetroot, carrot, onion, etc, a slightly Indian vibe about some of it all told.
Pleasant staff, lots of special buffet food, including black bean stew, pakoras, etc. They do push drinks, the suco is overpriced and small, so resist the pressure.
Great little cafe.

Pros: vegan, tastyy, fairly cheap
Cons: pushing drinks
yessija
yessija

Great vegan buffet for nice price

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2013

We had a wonderful dinner here. It's all you can eat buffet for just 9 euros. It's all vegan, except for the yogurt sauce. Indian cuisine, 4 hot dishes, salad bar, mini pizza, mini green quiche. Even a wonderful vegan dessert, not all desserts are vegan.
Situated in the centre, a little climb though.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap all you can eat, Lots of (vegan) options
Richard Ross
Richard Ross

Good vegan buffet

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2013

We ate here one evening in June 2013 and found it to be an excellent choice. It is all vegan, and there is quite a choice of hot and cold food, including vegan desserts. Helpful and friendly staff.

Pros: All vegan, Good choice, Welcoming atmosphere
Cons: Some food rather bland
Tinkerbell25
Tinkerbell25

Great all vegan buffet

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2013

I'm not a fan of all you can eat buffets but I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. Firstly, everything was vegan which was great and there was a good selection of food - soup, three hot dishes and a salad bar. It was cheap too at 10 Euros a head. We will definitely be returning as our apartment is just round the corner from here.

Pros: All vegan, Inexpensive
Cons: Food not labelled
martemow
martemow

vegetarian buffet restaurant

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2013

This restaurant has a good location close to all the shopping streets. We enjoyed lunch here after a lot of walking around.
The staff was very friendly. We ordered a freshly squeezed appel/carrot juice and it was nice and fresh, but not cold!! (A small - there..). The buffet was ok. I have to admitt I thought it was gonna be better. After eating at Terra a few days before this was a little bit disapointing. The sald buffet was just a bowl of grated carrots, a bowl of diced cucumber, a bowl of lettuce etc. Noting special and the yoghurt dressing was just yoghurt no spice, herbes or nothing...
The hot food was much better with about 6 different dishes to chose from and they were all tasty. It's wort a go but I don't think I'll be back. Terra was much better.

Pros: nice staff, location, cheap
Cons: boring salad bar, a bit tastless, fresh juice not cold
ericoloso
ericoloso

Excellent

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2013

Went there during a 4 days trip to Lisbon. Large selection of salads and hot meals. Very good lentils with tofu, seitan, rice.
The price is very reasonable and the staff very friendly.

Pros: Large choice, Tasty, Cheap
groovyvegan
groovyvegan

Very good 100% vegan buffet

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

I'm giving this place 4 stars and not 5, because there's a little room for improvement left in some of the flavor balances. For example, their squash soup is not as good as the squash soup at Lisbon's Terra Restaurante Natural. However, this is a very good 100% vegan buffet, with cold foods, hot foods, and in the dessert case, vegan desserts (lemon "cheese" cake and chocolate mousse).

Cold foods included a spring mix salad (bitter), carrot salad (okay), coleslaw (good), corn bread (excellent), some type of fritter (a bit too salty, but especially good in the soup), pappadam (very good and not greasy). Where this place really shined was in the hot foods section, where the offerings included: pasta rollups stuffed with spinach and topped with a soy-based cream sauce (excellent), two rice dishes (I had the curried rice with peas- very good), which I topped with the curried tofu and veggies (excellent). There was also a seitan and mushroom dish (okay).

I had a piece of lemon "cheesecake" for dessert to go. It was good, but could have used some more lemon flavor. I would have had the chocolate mousse which looked excellent, but was not available as a to go item.

As a vegan visiting Lisbon, this place is a toss-up with the Terra Restaurante Natural buffet. I think the food is slightly (but not significantly) better at Terra, but the variety of vegan items is better at Jardim das Cerejas. My non-vegan friend and I would be happy to eat here again.

Pros: 100% vegan, Close to Baixa Metro station, Very good food
Phoebealexandra
Phoebealexandra

Hits The Spot

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

This place is so great. The have a delicious salad buffet with chickpea salad, kidney bean salad, fresh slices tomatoes, cabbage salad, beets salad...the list goes on. They also have a soup of the day. The hot food is hearty and light at the same time-like most vegan comfort food. They had a wonderful mushroom lasagna, eggplant parmasean, and a cauliflower and setan dish in a nice sauce. I go to Lisbon atleast once a year and this place will definitely be a reoccurring stop not only for the remainder of this trip, but also in the future. Enjoy!

Pros: Good Selection, Nice Staff, Great Value
Cons: No Outdoor Seating in Lovely Lisboa
MMC
MMC

Vegan Chocolate Salami Diplomacy

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

This was a welcoming and wonderful treat after a long walk from the CAM and Gulbenkian gardens on a rainy Sunday night in Lisbon when few reataurants are open. The salads and veggies were a varied and colorful array and several delicious hot entrees and the menu is a collaboration by 3 chefs - Indian, Swiss and Azerbaijan so the fare is quit diplomatic. The true peacekeeper was a casserole of green beans and eggplant with a cornbread crust sprinkled with black sesame seeds. Not to overlooked the vegan chocolate salami sat quietly in the cabinet of the sweet congress and was triumphant in proving that good will prevail and global well being and enlightenment start with small actions and pleasures.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 17, 2011
Update - Please be aware that there are thieves in the area and my purse was stolen from this restaurant while dining on Nov 5 2012!
The food is very good but the place is understaffed and no one was available to assist in catching the thief who absconded quickly.
The woman at the counter just sort of shrugged and commenced to ring up our bill and ask for payment. It was really horrible. Please be warned.

Pros: vegan chocolate salami, very friendly staff, fiscally friendly for the not bailed out
  • hack_man hack_man

It's very sad that you had valuables stolen from this restaurant. I can imagine they see an invitation through the window then take it whilst you are at the buffet. It's always wise to take your purse and mobile phone etc with you when you go to the buffet or make sure one person stays at the table then the next one takes their turn. From a similar experience (albeit a very drunken one in Barcelona one New Year) we never ever leave anything at the table anywhere especially a buffet place like this one. It's such a lovely restaurant with lovely staff who are in no position for a confrontation with thieves but I suppose you have to think about who is walking past unfortunately.

BanjoGirl
BanjoGirl

Large and varied buffet

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2012

My husband and I recently ate here for dinner when visiting Lisbon.
The buffet was quite large, and had really great tasting Indian food, along with a good sized salad bar, a soup, and a few other main dishes. Dishes were not labeled. It is listed here as vegan, though I heard from a restaurant across town that it is only vegetarian. Not sure. It was very filling.
The atmosphere was so-so. The hostess wasn't very warm (though this may be a language issue since she didn't seem to speak much English), and the ambiance was not that great (stark lightening, quiet, uninteresting decor). It is mostly about the food for me though, which I found to be very good.

Pros: good variety, filling
Cons: so-so ambiance, unsure if vegan
scrouton
scrouton

simple, fast and buffet !

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

une petite cantine portuguaise avec un buffet vegan. Une soupe, une quinzaine de plats de salade simple, boulettes, crackers, 6 choix de plats chauds (2 riz, un gratin de potiron, des haricots-tofu, spaghettis champignon, et boulettes de seitan). Choix tres correct, tres économique. Petit vin tres bien a 4 euros la 1/2 bouteille. Les desserts sont super bons : un chees cake aux fruits rouges parfait, pas trop sucré. Un endroit tres honnete ou manger rapidement pour ne pas perdre de temps pendant les visites. Peu de vegan a Lisbonne, bien que a augmente en nombre : ouf !

Pros: buffet with choice, cheap, fast and do it yoursel
Cons: more sauce for the salads please, a little bread please
vinnyk
vinnyk

Best value veg buffet in Lisbon

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

Ate here on our first day in Lisbon, best place we ate at along with Bake the Difference (which is now apparently closed :( big shame). Great food for the selection they had there.

Pros: Value, Tasty
Cons: Small selection
JMarin
JMarin

Thinking of dinning there today..

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

It's a veggie buffet place, and very vegan-friendly.. sometimes the veggie buffet places have staff that don't really know how to answer "vegan questions", not the case here.. the very friendly staff is very helpfull and nice. The food as a "home made" feeling, that's also very rare in buffet places, and is very tasty, not wonderfull, but it feels "right".. I like this place very much.

Pros: Staff, Location, Buffet
ejthiggs
ejthiggs

Nice centrally located buffet

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

2 of us ate here in July 2012. We arrived late for dinner, so a few of the dishes were running low but there was still plenty on offer. The salads were basic but the hot dishes were more interesting, including pasta, rice and potato-based dishes. Everything was very tasty and the staff very helpful. The only downside is that you have to walk up a steep hill to get to the restaurant, and it is located on a small side-street so it's easy to miss.

Pros: Good cheap food, Friendly staff
Cons: Hard to find, Only basic salads (lettuce)
brentnewtown
brentnewtown

Great

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

Food good
Easy to find
Very friendly and helpful staff
Value for money

irishpataias
irishpataias

Excellent Lunch

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

We ate here for lunch in February and really enjoyed it. There was a buffet with lots of hot and cold items to chose from. The owner/staff are very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back and recommend.

Pros: Selection, Chickpea salad, price
suelizj
suelizj

Jardin das Cerejas

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2012

Valentine's Day 14 February 2012, and this was a great restaurant to go to for a delicious, romantic meal! Good atmosphere, tasty food, lots of choice and very reasonably priced.

kwanza
kwanza

Nice restaurant in a central location

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

Nice restaurant in a central location. Lunchtime meal is great value for money - €7.50 for an all-you-can-eat buffet, which includes soups, salads and several hot dishes.

The food has an Indian twist - when I visited they served a black bean curry with tofu and cauliflower, along with two spicy rice dishes. The staff speak English and can point out which items are vegan (almost all of them). Recommended.

Pros: vegan-friendly, good value for money, healthy food
Cons: a little lacking in atmosphere
Mimi
Mimi

Fantastic Food

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2011

We had both a lunch and a dinner here (different days). The food is mostly vegan, but check if you are not sure. Staff are very friendly.

It is a buffet style, and you can go back for more, as often as you like, Easy relaxed atmosphere. The food is healthy, tasty and satisfying . . . Absolutely delicious.

Oh, and it is extremely good value for money . . .

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy too, Friendly
Bauldric
Bauldric

Very tasty buffet

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

The soup and buffet are excellent. You have a very good choice and the most of them is very tasty. This is my favorite restaurant in Lisbon. The athmosphere is a little bit bare. Some colored pictures would be alight it.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
DaveEveritt
DaveEveritt

Emergency vegan take-out

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

found this via Happy Cow late evening (10pm) and although they were booked up, the vegan take-out was a life-saver. a good variety of dishes, plus salads, and a generous-sized bowl. I'd definitely return if I ever find myself in Lisbon again! Friendly staff, English spoken.

Pros: friendly, late-night take-out, variety
Ina
Ina

our place!

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

we ate here in our first out of seven days in Lisbon - we got there tired, hot and hungry and the atmosphere inside just charmed us! We ended up coming again and again, till our last day, because this place is simply wonderful - the soups are REALLY good, the rest of the food is fairly tasty and the hot dishes varied, the desert is simply the best I've had in years (try the cookies-cake and the chocolate cake!), but most of all, the staff is so friendly and efficient, that you cannot not fall in love with the place. Thank you, guys!

Pros: charming, incredible desert, friendly staff
mik
mik

Great place

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2011

Small and friendly restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet, cold and warm dishes. Very good value for money, tasty and fresh. This is a must if you are looking for an inexpensive, dependable restaurant.

gcampanella
gcampanella

A good restaurant near Armazens do Chiado

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

This was the first vegetarian restaurant I visited in Lisbon, and I keep coming back whenever I find myself in that part of the city.

Lunch and dinner are both served buffet style, with dinner being a little bit more expensive than lunch. They usually have three or four hot main dishes and a soup that change daily, some cooked grains, and a great selection of salads and other side dishes. Unfortunately, they are keen on using butter in most dishes, so be sure to always ask what's vegan if that's your concern.

As for the location, the restaurant is conveniently located near Armazéns do Chiado. The space itself is small and cozy, and the staff friendly.

Pros: Wide selection of side dishes, Convenient location, Friendly staff
Cons: Few vegan options
icysky
icysky

Not bad, bit bland

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

We were looking for a nice meal on Sunday. Not much open except this. The buffet was varied, some things tastier than others, but on the whole we found it bland. The pasta was very salty indeed.

At least the price was reasonable.

Pros: Open Sunday, Cheap, Variety
Cons: Bland
hitesh
hitesh

Good food and relaxing place

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

Very good wholesome food, taking lots of beans, seitan, tofu and soya - all deliciously prepared with some Indian touch. Just opposite a beautiful church, the restaurant feels very informal (as it suits a Buffet) yet friendly (always the same smiling lady at the counter) and elegant (the dark furniture is simple and good taste). The location is excellent: in the very heart of historic Lisbon.

Pros: Excellent food, location, price
Blacklizard
Blacklizard

Attractive litte restaurant, great value!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2010

We went here to get take away for lunch on Monday, December 21, 2010, after we found Club do Oriente (just a few blocks away) to be inexplicably closed for lunch. This is a popular and attractive little restaurant. The buffet consisted of three or four hot dishes, and then a wide variety of cold dishes and salad ingredients, dressing, and bread. The buffet is a great deal at 6.90 euros for lunch (eat-in), 8.90 euros for dinner (eat-in), and 5.50 euros for take-away. I filled up the aluminum container for take-away, and then the kind staff encouraged me to take more, and gave me some bread as well. Hours later, the food tasted delicious to us. We also bought peanut butter cookies which were excellent. Conveniently located near an attractive shopping zone and tram lines. We found other restaurants in Lisbon to be surprisingly expensive, but this was the best bargain of our visit to Lisbon.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Tasty Food, Excellent Value
shapesh1ft
shapesh1ft

Ok buffet but great vegan deserts!

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2010

Ate here two times during our visit in Lisbon. The waitress was helpful and friendly. Buffet food is about the same as in every other veggie place in Lisbon. The highlight here is vegan desert selection: try chocolate cake! Prices are cheap too for both buffet and deserts and location is excellent. A must if you go to Lisbon. Note that it opens very late.

Pros: Vegan deserts, Price, Location
Cons: Opening hours
Veggie Sylvie
Veggie Sylvie

EXCELLENT MOSTLY VEGAN RESTAURANT, VERY GOOD VALUE

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

We've eaten here 4 times in the past week, and for €8.90 you get an all-you-can-eat buffet with top quality fresh salads, including rocket and Indian bhajis, pizzas, etc., plus hot rice and several mostly-vegan hot choices which are really tasty and well-cooked. There's usually a pasta in a white sauce, plus maybe a broccoli dish. All interesting and delicious fare. Drinks are reasonably priced too. This restaurant is very central in Lisbon and really deserves to succeed. It's a rare find to be able to eat that well and that cheaply and we travelled in from Estoril to eat there! Can't praise it highly enough.

Pros: Excellent food, good choice, well cooked, Very cheap for central Lisbon, Helpful staff in quiet surroundings
fran
fran

Very tasty!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2010

Large salad buffet plus a large choice of different vegetables, rice, seitan and fingerfood as pizza, pappadam etc. Very friendly staff!

Dharam
Dharam

My favourite at the moment

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2010

At this moment all of the vegetarian restaurants in lisbon are kind of busy and fashion, so this is a great option.In the center of the city, always quiet, simple decoration great price for a buffet - Lunch 7€ and dinner 9€
Very nice staff, the food is great but simple is not that kind of restaurant with a table like the weedings.
Non smoking and its nice if you wanna take some non vegetarian people to try it.

At the moment and so far this is my favorite :D

Pros: price, location, food
mayela
mayela

wholesome food, nice people

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

Dinner buffet is vegan except desserts, some are not vegan, please ask. Food is wholesome and tasty, price reasonable for an all-you-can-eat buffet. Maybe the taste is not great, but is a reflection of Portuguese food in general, nothing great but nourishing. Try the "meat" balls in tomato sauce with brown rice, as well as the broccoli with green leaves, yummy!

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value, very friendly staff
silverfin
silverfin

Definitely worth a try

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2009

A relief to find somewhere in Portugal that actually did decent quantities and selection of vegetables! Not great but definitely acceptable. Nice beer selection too. Pricey for what it was (by London standards) but within reason.

YACHT
YACHT

Really Nice!

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2008

We ate here a couple of times on our trip to Lisbon because it was very close to where we stayed -- the food isn't out-of-this-world, but it's very good, and a relief to load up on vegetables before heading back out into the meat-loving Portuguese world!

Pros: Considerate Service, Buffet, Cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Jardim das Cerejas: