Serves meat, veg options available. Indian restaurant. Has veggie options, including samosa, biryani rice, bengan bartha (eggplant), and aloo saag (potatoes in spinach and mustard greens). Vegans to specify. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by cassius

Has seen better times

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

This place used to be fantastic; my friends and I used to go at least once a week about ten years ago. But in the past few years, their food quality has decreased. By and large, ok food, but there are other and better options in Palo Alto for the same price. They also have very few vegan options, and last time I was there they seemed slightly annoyed with my questions about what was vegan and what was not.

Pros: Vegetarian entrees
Cons: No so vegan friendly

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2012

I used to work near Janta and ate at their wonderful lunch buffet often. Very tasty, well prepared food. Whenever I'm back in the area I make a point to stop in at least once. I've been going for nearly 14 years!

Dear Owner and Manager of Janta Indian Cuisine: