Janina's Fine Desserts

Serves meat, veg options available. Focus is on European pastries and will take special orders for vegan cakes. Serves lunch food which are mostly ovo-lacto vegetarian suitable, coffee and organic soymilk option. Price: Moderate more-less
Bakery, Ovo, Lacto, European, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

stonecat
stonecat

Vegan B-day Cake

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

I special ordered a vegan birthday cake for my husband. It was exquisite. It was expensive but I would rather have a smaller portion of higher quality than a giant portion of cheap crap. It was delicious. I will order from them again!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 03, 2014

Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 03, 2014
Today I visited their stand at York Central Market. I had stuffed cabbage with tomato sauce which was delicious and banana cake which was AWESOME. They have different vegan specials daily!

Pros: Friendly, High Quality
Cons: High Price
RJWallick
RJWallick
  • non-vegetarian

A must visit place every time I am in York!

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

This place is fantastic! The first several times I stopped in it was to bring my elderly mother in law a bakery treat. My husband and I live out of town but frequently stop on our way to visit to bring her a meal or a treat of some sort. The baked goods are absolutely exquisite. I do not exaggerate. I noticed about a year ago that they had begun serving lunch. The owner's son was working and he told me he designed the entire lunch menu, which was full of variety and interest. Though I am not a vegetarian, there were many veg friendly items and all menu items were prepared healthfully with no additives such as MSG and minimal processed food ingredients. The young man was very willing to answer my questions about the ingredients, methods of preparation, etc.
I truly wish this place was closer. The food is superb and the owner Janina as well as her son Eric and all of the folks I have seen working there are very kind and helpful. Sorry to see I can't give a non-vegetarian restaurant 5 cows, because this one merits it.

Pros: Excellent food., Friendly staff.

Dear Owner and Manager of Janina's Fine Desserts: