Jane's Benson Health Market...

Market has a small produce section including some organic plus vitamins. Deli offers prepared foods and take-away sandwich. more-less

First Review by sunrize604
Faylinameir
Faylinameir

a more expensive whole foods

3 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

I've gone here a few times to get items that whole foods and the like just don't carry. (for example make your own vitamin encapsulaters) & while the spice selection is huge and the variety is decent.
Trying to find a parking place here is a joke, the neighborhood that it is in is really cramped and difficult and during busy hours, forget it.
Price wise, and this is hard for most to believe, these folks are very expensive. More so than even whole foods (whole pay check LOL). I understand its a small business store but there needs to be some relative competition prices and they just don't have that. I never tried any of the fresh juices or anything so I can't comment on that.
The few times I have talked to the employees I was left wanting more. One lady just had no clue what she was doing, I assume maybe she was new(?). The other lady was just downright rude and did not have time to help me.

If you live nearby and cannot get to a hyvee or whole foods or trader joes pop on by but expect to pay more. The only reason I would go back is to get that semi-rare item you want now and can't wait to have shipped to you.

Pros: good selection, rarer items
Cons: EXPENSIVE!, no parking most the time, unfriendly staff
Guest
Guest

Not everything healthy taste bad

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

I had the honor of receiving one of your gourmet Oatmeal Raisin Cookies this morning. I was advised that this would literally be one of the BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies I have ever tasted...Being that Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are my all time FAVORITE, this would be a challenge as my grandmother is the only person whose ever baked the best Oatmeal Raisin cookie. All that I can say is I was very disappointed! Disappointed that my package only contained ONE cookie! THESE COOKIES are right there next to my grandmothers for being the best Oatmeal Cookie ever, however knowing that it was created at a "Health Food Market" makes it even better!!!! YES, Jane's Health Market & Deli does make thee best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!!! Great Job, can't wait to venture on my own to see what else Jane's Market has in store for new customers like myself.

Pros: Location, Quantity, Quality
johncena0410
johncena0410

not interesting

2 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

i didnt find anything special about this place... well anything here i could find at whole foods i thought they were going to have more of a variety
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 20, 2011

• Chuck Chuck

Hi John. Could you say a little more about what you didn't like, or what you didn't find special? This will help all of us out a lot. Thanks.

sunrize604
sunrize604

Great Place

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

Great place with a knowlegable staff. Owner Jane and family are there everyday. There is a Juice and food bar, yum! We get our water containers filled here, because it is the best we have found in Omaha. I definately recommend this store.

Dear Owner and Manager of Jane's Benson Health Market and Deli: