Vegetarian restaurant situated within Resort Rio spa. Jalsa, meaning "celebration" or "enjoyment" offers the Gujarati and Rajasthani cuisine (including Jain) as well as a variety of South Indian vegetarian snacks. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Shane
riarocks
riarocks

Best Veg Restaurant

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

We stay at Panjim and have tried eating out at various vegetarian restaurants and so we decided to have our dinner at Jalsa the vegetarian restaurant at Resort Rio, In Arpora. I came to know about this through the Times Food Guide which says that This restaurant won the best vegetarian restaurant in Goa.

Me and my family were amazed by the ambience created in this place with low seating on beautiful chairs. The food was served in beautiful thalis with cute little waatis. The fod was served from kamandals in tradational way. The uniform of the staff was also tradational with kurtas and waist coats.

The taste of the food was very much authentic and tradational. Th dal bati churma was fantastic so was the Surti Pattice. Sweets like Lapsi are a rarity in a place like Goa.
I would recommend this place to any one who wish to relish the taste of Authentic Rajasthani or Gujrati Food.

Thanks a lot Resort Rio. Keep it up

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Shanoy
Shanoy

JALSA BEST!

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

The Jalsa Restaurant is one of the most tasteful Vegetarian restaurant that I have ever been. It is located in Resort Rio, Arpora were peace is found.
When we arrived, we just park the car in front of the hotel parking free area. When stepped in Hotel OMG the splendid beauty engulfed me.

As soon as I got in, I felt great since it was playing very famous instrumental song,' Feel into my fingers'. In lobby. One of the Guest Relation Executive escorted us to Jalsa restaurant. Wooow..! The restaurant is not huge but the decor is great. We started with Dokla,Kachori & their curries.. mind blowing.
The Thali we ordered was so delicious!!!
People reading out here... juss a message in the air.. Try Jalsa & you'll know the taste of its speciality..!

Pros: tasety, hygenic, superb
Shane
Shane

the best vegetarian restaurant

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

We had heard about this vegetarian restaurant Jalsa through the newspapers when it won the best vegetarian restaurant in the state of Goa and so decided to try it out and so we went out with my husband , and two sons. The ambience itself was so wonderful. The food was served in beautiful thalis with small waatis having all vegetable preparations and kadi. The surti pattice which was served as farsan were hot and crisp.They served us a variety of papads and chutneys which were so delicious . Overall I would rate this restaurant as the best and even it has good value for money. The staff are very friendly,well behaved and ready to help. Would recommend to friends. Thank you Jalsa.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Jalsa: