Serves meat, veg options available. Will alter a few dishes to suit vegans & vegetarians: pad thai noodles, and 3 curries. Just ask to substitute tofu for meat and leave out fish sauce. Address in Japanese: 千葉県成田市三里塚御料1-1. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Non-veg

First Review by islandveg
Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Only one veg option

1 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2014

I don't know if the menu has changed since the other reviews were written but when I went there in April 2014 almost nothing on the menu could be made veg. The man at the counter spoke English but told me everything was pre-made with fish sauce and it couldn't be made without it (including the Pad Thai and curries). I couldn't see tofu on the menu at all. The only thing he could make was their crab rice without crab or fish sauce, which was essentially just white rice with green onion and bell pepper. It was better than nothing but it wasn't much.

I'd recommend going to the Lawson around the corner and grabbing a pre-made salad and rice ball for less money.

Cons: Only one vegan option, Everything has fish sauce
Chia
Chia

Vegan food is difficult to find

3 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2012

The airport offers many restaurant ALL of which serve mostly meat! So I was glad to find this food booth that was willing to cater to my vegan request. The server understand English. I ordered a pad Thai and asked to leave out meats, fish sauce, and MSG (know in Japan by the brand name "Aginomoto"). To my surprise, the pad Thai was quite tasty and not too salty. Tofu was used as subsitute for meat.

Cons: serves meat
islandveg
islandveg

Decent pad thai

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2008

They were able to make the Pad Thai vegan for me, with the help of a nice Japanese woman who translated for me. The food tasted good (9/2008)

Pros: Good food
Cons: Englisn not spoken

Dear Owner and Manager of Jai Thai: