Traditional Gujarati meals. Snacks, chaat, traditional meals. Thalis served after 5pm for around 10NZD. Offers 10 tables for seating. Note that some dishes may contain ghee so ask if you are vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out
570, Sandringham Road, Sandringham (St. Johns Road)
Auckland, New Zealand
09-8455555

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by JesseD
preppyvegan
preppyvegan

Authentic Indian

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

My favorite Indian restaurant in Auckland! The menu clearly labels vegan options and the food is excellent value for money. The dosas are amazing but also try the pani puri and khaman which are two of my favorites!

Pros: excellent food, great value for money
JesseD
JesseD

Good Gujarati food!

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2010

I found this place by chance on Sandringham Rd (quite a long way from the city centre), and ordered a large Thali. It was a very authentic Gujarati Thali (plate of small servings of a few different curries, Dahl, rice etc), flavoursome and all round a good meal for the price. They were happy to leave out dishes with milk/ghee. Since Krishna Krupa seem to have permanently closed, I think this is probably the best vegetarian Indian restaurant I know of in Auckland.

Pros: cheap, large meal, vegan-friendly
Cons: far from city centre

Dear Owner and Manager of Jai Jalaram Khaman: