Eco-friendly vegan restaurant in Busan serving western style as well Korean fusion vegan cuisine. Makes veggie burgers, steak, pizza, pasta, green smoothies, and more. Uses local, organic brown rice and more healthful oils like sunflower and coconut oil. Last order is 8:30pm. At front is a small retail area selling packaged food products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Western, Take-out, Fusion, Korean

Castle7
Castle7

Blueberry Smoothie

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2015

A short walk from the popular Gwangalli beach. Enjoyed the burgers. My favourite though was the blueberry smoothie. Yummm!

samandy6910
samandy6910

So Good

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2015

Took my meat eating boyfriend to this place tonight and he ordered the verge burger. He said it was the best burger he's ever had. I got the burrito and its one of the best i've had. We also had a kale smoothie and blueberry smoothie. So good to eat alive food again as it can be pretty difficult to eat organically in Korea! If I'm in the area again i will be back to try some of the other delicious-looking items i didn't get to. Price is reasonable for quality of food although not as cheap as Korean restaurants in general.

Pros: Amazing Food, Great Service, Free tea
taysesame
taysesame

Best Restaurant in Korea!

Posted on 09 / 24 / 2015

This is my Korean heaven! I am so lucky to have found this restaurant after struggling through out my time living in South Korea to find fresh and organic vegetarian and vegan food. The owner is hard working, passionate about vegan food, and extremely kind. I am now volunteering here for 5 weeks through the WWOOF Korea program and LOVE everything about it!!! It is very close to Gwangali beach so I recommend ordering a vegan burger or burrito and smoothie to go and enjoying a beach side vegan meal : )

Also- Jack and the Beanstalk will be open over the chuseok holiday 9/26, 9/27 and 9/29! It will just be closed on Monday like usual.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 13, 2015

melephant
melephant

Jack and Beanstalk

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2015

I had the veggie burger which was really delicious, I highly recommend it. However, its very very tiny, but the price is also very low. I recommend getting it with another dish.

I also ordered the ratatouille. It was so delicious and flavorful and served with a side salad that was also good.

The staff here was very kind.

Pros: Price, Service, Atmosphere
Cons: Location, Serving Size
rackoo
rackoo

Closed on Mondays now

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2015

The sign on the front door says it's closed Mondays now (and confirmed it was closed today). Their Facebook still says they're open Mondays. I have no idea if they're still closed on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month...

I literally cried because it was the fifth(!) time in two days I went to a vegan restaurant in Busan during times they were supposedly open, and they weren't. The biggest reason I came to Busan was to try the vegan food here, and I ended up spending my entire stay eating nothing but fruits and nuts. Don't be me, call ahead or keep your expectations low.

Pros: Food photos look great
Cons: Made me cry
veganrevolution
veganrevolution

great for Busan.

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2015

We went here twice during our stay in Busan. It was good for western style food- The steak in particular was AMAZING. The woman running it is very adorable, but since she;s a one woman shop, you get one dish at a time. This would be weird for a group, because one person could easily finish their dish before others even got theirs. Overall though, very good food and a cute place.

Pros: good food.
Cons: one dish at a time. really slow.
StephieLin
StephieLin

A big let down

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2015

I'm going to go against the trend here. I don't understand the rage about this place. Such a disappointment. We went to Jack and the Beanstalk with great excitement as it has consistently received good reviews.

The food was uncreative and sad. We ordered three items from their menu, an burger, a creamy pasta and air fried chips. First of all, the air fried chips were not air fried and was not even close to the photo they posted on FB (reference: http://on.fb.me/1JG3vTF). What we received was store bought frozen fries, the thick crinkled kind, that was not fried properly. Not even crispy on the outside. It was sad.

The Creamy Pasta is more like a creamy spaghetti soup. The pasta was literally soaking in a sea of sauce. The sauce itself was delicious, but there was just too much of it.

The Burger was dull and boring. It's hard to explain, but it lacked that burger 'X-Factor' Store bought patty, upon a store bought bun, with store bought mustard and some very sad looking iceberg lettuce.

The owner Sophia was REALLY friendly and nice. But thats about the only thing that was consistent from the reviews.

Understand that this is not a gourmet restaurant, but with its high reviews from the community, I would expect a lot more. This place needs improvement. Would not go out of the way to go there.

Let me know if you experience the same experience, or it was just a bad day for us! :)

Dunja
Dunja

delicious vegan food!

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2015

We were dilighted to find this place since it is not easy to find vegetarian food in south korea. The vegan air fried chicken and the vegan steak were delicious, there is nothing that could have been better. The coconut-lemonade is also very good. You can also buy some vegan snacks like chocolate and instantnoodles at this place and the staff speaks english. Don't miss it :)

Pros: staff speaks english, delicious, vegan
RayPokai
RayPokai

best vegan restaurant in the known universe?

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

Amazing fresh food all organic and bought from the farmers. Sophia is a vegan angel and will make you feel welcome and at home the moment you step inside. The food is fantastic and is served lovingly. One of the best vegan restaurants I've been to!

teddy
teddy

simply delicious and healthy

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2014

tasty food, funny and friendly people!

the burger is so delicious and fresh, good for a snack anytime,
the steak is so juicy and moist, unlike the usual vegan processed food
they are all hand made in the restaurant, and so the quality is just in a different scale.
cream pasta... hmmm creamy.. yum! can't believe it's vegan, it's better than the usual one i get in normal restaurants.

tasty, organic, gmo free, what else do i want?

if everyone tried vegan food tastes this good, there will be less people eating meat :)

danielReich
danielReich

Friendly owner, great smoothies

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

We enjoyed everything we ate. It was our first time trying air-fried veggie chicken. We talked with the owner for a while and she was very sweet. The prices were a little higher than some other places, but she was very ingredient conscious and the food was freshly prepared.

Pros: Smoothies, Nice, bright space, Friendly owner
Yvesrg
Yvesrg

Personal touch

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

After four months in Busan I'm sad to leave Sofia and her colleagues. Jack and the Beanstalk is a very special place in Busan. A little gem that makes you feel home away from home.

The food is delicious and there are many options so you won't get bored. Also, you can buy a small selection of organic and vegan food to take home like nuts, cereal and chocolate.

perfume
perfume

Honest and Yummy dishes!

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

We can meet here not only friendly staff but also honest and yummy dishes. The chef, Sofia, who is very energetic, kind, and positive, has lots of experience and much infos about vegan recipes. Furthermore, she always takes so much care of ingredients and hygiene she use only organic ones and clean them with vinegar. Also she doesn't spare any ingredients. When I ate vegan Ramen here, I was surprised that it had lentils which is very expensive in Korea. In addition, she use organic and best ingredients. The price is reasonable, and the traffic is very easy to find~^^
It is my best restaurant I ever visited~

Pros: Full vegan foodies, Organic and clean ingredients, friendly staff
annakim
annakim

the best of the best

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

The dishes here are amazing based on organic ingredients and taste.
It is not loving hut although it sells some loving hut products. Sophia who is the owner of this restaurant makes sauces for burger and other dishes by herself. I esp loved tufu lentil steak and burger. Smoothies are wonderful too. The staff here are so friendly and kind. Wonderful,amazing and delicious place.

Pros: excellent food, organic and eco friendly ingredients, friendly staff
christopherko
christopherko

The Best Food In Busan!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2014

This place was incredible! They make the BEST burger I have had since going vegan ten years ago. It is easy to find, cozy, and the staff are wonderfully friendly! They really care about the quality of their food and its impact on the environment, and so if you want a healthy place to grab a bite where the food tastes AMAZING than this is your place.

The food isn't cheap, but nor is it expensive- they use GMO-free and organic ingredients and so you are paying for quality. Well worth it.

Pros: Great Staff, Delicious + Healthy Food, Cozy Atmosphere
Cons: Moderate Price (but worth it!!)
VeganBiker
VeganBiker

A Necessary Stop

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

It's actually just a Loving Hut under a different name, but they have a few unique offerings. Most of the dishes are comprised of the standard Loving Hut products (vegefood) and even coke in Loving Hut brand wrapping paper, but I'd say they smoothies/lemonade (which is actually just a smoothie) are certainly worth checking out. Obviously, if you are a vegan or vegetarian in Busan, you must eat here. It's nothing spectacularly innovative, but you'll enjoy it and you can fill up ok guilt-free food in the comfort of lovely decor and sweet staff.

tim24frames
tim24frames

Brilliant! Great burger!

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

Not much to say other than friendly staff and good food in a laid-back atmosphere. I had the burger. Was a little dubious when it arrived due to it having apple in it but it was delicious. Next time I'll get two!

MiaKarulino
MiaKarulino

bright, welcoming and tasty

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

The location is easy to find. At first sight it seems like a colorful vegan snackbar, but as having a look at the menu (copy in eng and huge banner in front of the door in kor and eng) it actually is a restaurant. The atmosphere is cozy and invites to hang around. The menu provides basic dishes, which are served nicely decorated. We had a burger, salad (6500 won) and brown rice with "meat" (8000 won). They were delicious. The staff was lovely. We recommend this place and will come back ourselves.

Pros: delicous, clean, friendly
Cons: no restroom, -
veggieisland
veggieisland

What a Gem!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

We truly enjoyed eating here. The staff doesn't speak much English but they are absolute sweethearts!!!
Even if you don't speak Korean they will try to find a way to answer any questions you may have. They were so friendly and welcoming.

Everything in the store is in Korean but if you ask for an English menu, they will hand you a printed copy of what they offer so you can browse (no photos of the food though).

The front of the store is kind of a mini-mart. They offer a lot of imported & local vegan goodies for sale! After 6 months in Korea, you bet I stocked up on the chocolate bars! It's a little pricey but well worth it, if you've been junk food deprived and a little homesick.

Oh, I almost forgot...the location! On our trip we visited 3 vegan restaurants and this was the easiest one to locate.
You hop on thee green line; the stop is Geumnyeonsan station. Choose exit number 5 and walk straight--two blocks. On the second block, turn left... you will see a 7-11 on your right after walking a few meters...turn right into that alley and you will see a sign with the word "vegan" amidst a bunch of Hangul. You can't miss it!

NOW...on to the food:

We were pleasantly surprised that the food was so good. We ordered the pizza, the spicy "beef" and rice, and a burger.

The veggie burger was delicious!!! The flavors were so refreshing. The pizza was a hit with my Omni husband and the spicy "beef" was my personal favorite. It was basically a Bibimbap without the egg and real meat. Lots of flavors & very filling.

Pros: excellent food, 100% vegan
Cons: No restroom (but you can go next door)

Dear Owner and Manager of Jack and the Beanstalk: