Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan offerings include tamales, brick oven pizza with no cheese, pasta, soups, salads, veggie melt sandwich, fresh stir fried veggies. Ask for the separate vegan menu. Frozen tamales are available for take-out. Large seating area. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
5601 Ranch Dr (Cantrell Rd)
Little Rock, Arkansas 72223

RawMoonVegan
  • raw

Amazing Tamales

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2015

Enjoyed a Vegetable tamale with my large Garden de Pasta which ad fresh steamed zuchini and squash with fresh tomatoes on the marania on gluten-free pasta..
Our server was friendly, informative and helpful, suggested salsa instead of cheese dip for my tamales when I let him know I was a vegan. It was a busy saturday lucnh crowd and we were serve fast. everything was delish..
One of my favorate place to meet family, and treat my self to cooked vegan food when they are respectful on my choices..
I've been there before and my server was not up on vegan suggestions, i was polite and asked for another server. they were really nice about sending someone over to help her out.. education is good about our choices & helping others to learn about it is also our responsibility...

Pros: atmosphere.. cheerful & bright, educated servers 95% of time, Lots of choices on menu
Cons: Check out / through waiting people , to many employee standing around, hard to find if your not local
Squidette
Squidette

Disappointed

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

My husband and I went here once on the good reviews of several friends. Once was enough. The atmosphere was nice and relaxing with an interesting and fun decor, but that is not enough to bring me back. The food was average (I can make a just as tasty dinner at home) and our waitress seemed to have a chip on her shoulder about something. She could not provide information on any vegan options, and being a vegan, that was important to me. We also had to send my husbands dinner back because it came with items he asked to be left off. Turns out all they did was scrape the bun and send it right back to him a few minutes later. We could still see the pickle juice and condiments soaked in to it. Given our less than friendly and helpful waitress, he just ate it anyway. All in all, we were beyond disappointed as we had such high hopes for a great experience.

Pros: Interesting decor
Cons: Average food, Less than friendly waitstaff, Would not fix order error
PNW Vegan
PNW Vegan

Delicious vegan tamales

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

Izzy's has several vegan options available. We tried the Hot Tamale Platter and Brick Oven Pizza. The pizza was very good, a basic veggie pizza without cheese. The tamales were excellent, and came with salsa and corn chips. They also sell their tamales frozen for takeout, and I ordered several to bring home with me to the West Coast. I was happy they made it through the TSA screening at the airport, and they were just as tasty once I got them back home the next day. The restaurant is large with many tables, and our server was very friendly and helpful. I'll be returning to Izzy's each year when I visit Little Rock.

Pros: Excellent food, friendly and attentive staff, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Izzy's: