Serves meat, veg options available. Korean food menu with many tofu-based dishes. Some dishes, like bibimbap and Korean stews, come in vegetarian versions when requested (marked with green leaf). Vegans to check for shrimp/fish paste. Casual dress and moderately priced. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Korean, Asian, Non-veg

Navegante
Navegante

Good Korean food

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

My lunch here was very tasty. I was concerned when the server initially told me that they had no vegan options. Upon further discussion and looking through the menu, he was able to make some recommendations. The vegetarian options are clearly marked, and most of those dishes can be made vegan. I asked about fish sauce, shrimp paste, and the whole list of questions to be sure, and settle upon ordering a 'Hot Stone Pot with Mushrooms' (and no egg). It was a hot bowl full of rice, veggies, mushrooms, that I mixed together before eating. The hot bowl it is served in cooks the rice and veggies as you stir. On the side were 4 small dishes containing, radishes, kimchi, potatoes, and cucumbers. The meal was beautiful and delicious. The server was patient and attentive, but the restaurant was extremely slow. I was the only customer for about half the time I was there. The interior of the restaurant is nicely decorated.

Pros: Veg options marked on menu, Nice interior, Tasty food
Cons: Staff was patient, Vegan choices not marked
kzollman
kzollman

Good food, mediocre service

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

This Korean restaurant is definitely more vegetarian friendly than most Korean restaurants I've visited. They have several vegetarian versions of many standard Korean dishes.

The food is good, although perhaps not exceptional. The portions are very large and tasted excellent. The bibimbap bowls where not as hot as I'm used to -- the rice didn't really brown quickly along the sides.

The one time we went the service was not particularly good. Our appetizer never arrived, despite being told "it will be right out." The waiter walked by all the time, but hardly ever looked in our direction.

The decor is clean and nice, although nothing special. The restaurant is located in a strip mall. Overall, I would recommend the restaurant, although I would hope the service improves.

Pros: Many vegetarian options, Good tasting food
Cons: Service

Dear Owner and Manager of It's Tofu: