Italia Pizza and Mediterran...

Serves meat, veg options available. In Nashville, this place stands out as a choice for vegetarians and vegans. You can get vegan pizzas with vegan cheese on them (Daiya cheese or Teese). Has vegan whole wheat crust and a large vegan gluten-free crust option. Also on the menu are Teese sticks, Mexican pizza, hummus pizza, as well as pasta. Additionally, there is a Mediterranean food menu with vegan-friendly foods like stuffed grape leaves, hummus, pita and falafel. The seating area is cozy. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
1600 Woodland St (N 16th St)
Nashville, Tennessee 37206

hollyfrench
hollyfrench

Average pizza.

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

The pizza's pretty average but good. The service can be kind of weird, not rude or anything, just awkward. They deliver to East Nashville and downtown though, so it's nice having a vegan delivery option. The falafel's alright, nothing special.

I wouldn't recommend dining in. The look of the place isn't much to write home about, and that wouldn't bother me much, except that we tried to eat there in the summer and ended up walking out, due to the place having no air conditioning. [edit by staff]

little lily
little lily

great food and atmosphere

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

This place is fantastic! Everyone there was super friendly. We had a vegan pizza, with spinach, pineapple, and jalapenos. They put just the right amount of daiya on it, the sauce was very flavorful. Thin, whole wheat crust. We loved it! The restaurant is cute, and clean. Walls are decorated with photgraphs and posters, it was fun checking them all out. It was a relaxing atmosphere with guitar music playing- not too loudly. Really positive experience - we will be back next time we're in Nashville.

Pros: great pizza, nice decor
Cons: none
Ceili1966
Ceili1966

Pizza was good

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

I got the garden pizza with vegan cheese, my husband had the veggie lasagna. Everything was good.

Raesock
Raesock

My new pizza go to!

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

We had been relying on Mellow Mushroom for our pizza needs (and it is great pizza) until I saw this listing on Happy Cow! Since we found it we have gotten pizzas to go three times and have been blown away every time! I like a pizza with a think crust, so it is right up my alley! The sauce is really good and the proportion of veggies to vegan cheese is just right. We've called ahead each time and by the time we get there (about 20 minutes later) our pizza has been just about ready. I couldn't be happier to find another great place for pizza in Nashville! A new favorite for sure! And you can't beat the price! We usually get a large two topping and it comes out to 12.99.

Pros: great pizza, reasonable price
jysretail
jysretail

awesome vegan pizza

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

I've had some nice vegan pizzas in my time, but the pizza here was AWESOME! The people working here were friendly and enthusiastic and made us feel at home. Make the trip to East Nashville!!

Pros: vegan, gluten free, delicious
KatieFucito
KatieFucito

The best pizza

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2012

My husband and I were staying in Nashville for two days and ended up having vegan pizza here both nights for dinner. It was the best vegan pizza that I have ever had! They use Teese and if you get the "drag it through the garden" pizza they put all kinds of veggies on it like broccoli, artichokes, onions, and even fresh basil. I would travel from where I live to Nashville, 9 hours, just to get this pizza. The owner is really nice too and is very proud of his vegan pizza!

Pros: best vegan pizza, Teese, nice staff
Cons: building is crusty
Bezzybee2003
Bezzybee2003

Best Vegan Pizza We've Ever Had!

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

I was shocked to find this amazing vegan pizza in Nashville. It was absolutely delicious. They put tons of veggie toppings on and vegan cheese. We went there twice in our four day vacation because it was so good. The atmosphere it just like any pizza joint. We ate there, but I think most people take there's to go. We saw many people come in and out while we ate. I would go back to Nashville just for this pizza!

Pros: Delicious, Great Value
Lindsey
Lindsey

Vegan Pizza This Good in Tennessee?!!

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2010

WOW! My husband and I LOVED this place. The pizza made with Daiya was unbelievably good. I just noticed they also have Teese sticks?? I am so upset I missed them because I'm sure they would have been fabulous. There was a generous amount of Daiya on our pizza, and the crust was soft. The sauce was delicious too. It probably could have used a bit more, so I would order extra next time. I am originally from Chicago, and I would say this pizza would be able to compete with what I grew up with. I only wish I lived in Nashville so I could patronize this place at least once a week.
The atmosphere of this place was as informal as it gets which was really enjoyable. You order at the counter and seat yourself. The soft drinks are stored in a refrigerated case. You can buy pop in 2 liter bottles or cans. The neighborhood was great too - quiet and mostly residential.
My only regret is not staying in Nashville longer so that we could have eaten here many more times and tried more stuff on the menu. I'm very intrigued by the hummus pizza. Oh! And our large pizza with mushrooms, olives, and Daiya was only TEN DOLLARS! This place is a real gem.

Pros: delicious food, great prices, fast service
Cons: not much parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Italia Pizza and Mediterranean Cuisine:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Nashville page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/03/07