Island Naturals Market

Large natural foods store with locations on the Big Island. Has a deli hot bar, salad bar, smoothies. Sitting area provided. more-less

First Review by mfoy
Eviecus
Eviecus

Great food

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

My husband and I got food from the hot buffet here, he's a vegetarian and I'm a vegan. We got items such as lasagne, potato wedges, tofu and mushroom bakes, stir fry, aubergine and chickpea curry as well as a tomato based dish - think it was Moroccan. Everything was delicious. We also got some groceries, some cakes, some breads and even some ice creams! they have a great selection for vegans so I was delighted I got a cake, a focaccia and an ice cream!

Pros: Excellent choice of food, good value, good location
twovegans
twovegans

A relief to find this store!

4 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2013

Visiting the Big Island, we needed provisions for a few days while in Captain Cook. We were looking for things that were portable and didn’t require preparation. We found just what we wanted in the prepared foods section here. There were a number of vegan salads (mixed green salad, bean salad and beet salad) and wraps that were just what we needed. We even bought food to take on our flight home the next day.

Pros: Good selection for vegetarians & vegans, Prepared foods
Cons: Tight parking
Marmot
Marmot

Good selection

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2012

This is a fairly large natural food store with a nice deli. There are several vegan desserts offered, and the cupcakes I got were delicious.
Pricey place, though!

Pros: selection, vegan options
Cons: price
meatisfordummies
meatisfordummies

Delicious!

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2011

This place has a great hot food bar with several vegan options and vegan soups. Can also make sandwiches but those didn't seem as vegan friendly. The market is well stocked with vegan essentials for you to do your own cooking too. A little pricey but worth it as there aren't many vegan options in the area.

Pros: delicious, many vegan options
Cons: prices

kimward8
kimward8

Great Health Food Store

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2009

I also had the vegan Lillikoi (passionfruit) cake, and it was the best cake I've ever had. It was delicious. They also had vegan chocolate cake which was great. They have some vegan breakfast potatoes in their buffet which were good and a tofu sandwich with vegenaise in their take-out case, which was a bit boring. I did not like the cilantro hummus. Overall, it was a great place to stock up for picnics at the beach, with things like tofurky and vegenaise in the store. It was great to find this place in Kona since there are not many vegetarian options in the restaurants here. Also, the vegan soy yogurt is really good, way better than the kind we get in Canada (I think the brand might have been Whole Soy?)

mfoy
mfoy

Large Natural Foods Store with vegan items in deli

4 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2009

Found a couple of interesting vegan deserts in their prepared foods case: Haupia Lilikoi (a coconut milk based custard with a passion fruit sauce) and a Lilikoi Cake (vegan).
Also some vegan items in there cold bar (e.g., quinoa salad).
Open everyday for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Some local produce.

Pros: Selection, Full Deli

Dear Owner and Manager of Island Naturals Market: