This was some of the best food we've ever had - ever! The portions were huge and you get to choose your veggie meat, a side and it comes with delicious plantains. But the whole meal was just SUPERBLY delicious! Highly, highly recommended. It's a small take-out place but there is one table outside with some chairs.
We loved this place, but haven't been back because of the location. The food was amazing, the owners were really nice and it reminded us of Jamaica. Hopefully we'll be back soon. Just don't get out to that area often.Pros: Excellent food, Nice owners, Good value
Cons: Location , No indoor seating
Located in the corner of Eastgate Shopping Center, Island Cuisine is the place to be if you would like to get some flavorful vegan Caribbean food at a great price. The staff were really friendly and helpful and took pride in serving good food. We had the pseudo ribs, red beans & rice, plantains, carrots and collard greens. The portions were big! We will be back for some more when we are in town!!Pros: Friendly Staff, Great portions, Flavorful food
There is some seating outside, but this is mostly a take-out restaurant. Lots of tasty faux meat options & no animal products in the sides. I had the faux steak, red beans & rice, & plantains. Delicious!Pros: interesting food, veggie options, different
Cons: no indoor seating, serves meat as well
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Island Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 2571 times since Jan 2013.