Serves meat, veg options available. Though a meaty menu, there is a small labeled vegetarian section, and you can ask to leave out cheese or dairy to make a dish vegan. Fun and fresh atmosphere. Prices cheap to moderate. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Costa Rican, BYOB, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

AmiP
AmiP

Yummy shakes + amazing guacamole

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

We love Irazu. It's veg-friendly (vs veg), and there are several meatless options, as well as soy shakes that are to die for!

I always order the vegetarian burrito, a banana soy shake, and a huge order of the amazing guacamole. The burrito is so darn good. How can a burrito be special, you ask? I wish I had the answer. It just is.

Prices are super reasonable, and before you go, know that they do not accept credit cards.

Pros: Good value, Great service, Big portions
Cons: No credit cards accepted
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Mediocre

2 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

I'm going to agree with SynthVegan's review below. I lived next to Irazu for 6 years and didn't see what the big deal was. Other people raved about this place. I went back a couple times thinking maybe I just ordered the wrong dish, but never any luck. Synth says they have vegan shakes there so I actually will go back to try those. Otherwise, until they add more vegan options I'd take a pass on Irazu.

• SynthVegan SynthVegan

Definitely double check and confirm that the shakes are vegan, and let me know too! :)

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Irazu

3 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2011

I've been here in the past and don't recall there being a ton of veggie options, so I was shocked to see Irazu listed on HC. Anyway, I did get the veggie burrito without cheese and thought that it was pretty average, nothing I'd go running back for. The do also have a vegan shake, I believe it's made with oatmeal? The shake sounds interesting, perhaps I'll try it next time and will update my review then. Also, make sure you bring cash since they're cash only (they have an ATM too).

Dear Owner and Manager of Irazu: