Invitation V Vegan Bistro

Vegan bistro with a take-out counter. Brunch menu offered on weekends. Prices are moderate to slightly more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Canadian, American, Pizza, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out
254 Rue Bernad Ouest
Montreal, Quebec H2V1T4
514-271-8111

Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-3pm, 6-10pm, Sun 11:30am-3pm.

First Review by losha

Délicieux

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

Nous avons adoré Invitation V. Je dois dire que nous étions 3 non-végétariens (donc non-végétaliens par défaut) mais nous n’avons pas senti qu’il manquait quoique ce soit. Tout était délicieux, très bien épicé, original, et la présentation était exceptionnelle. Que dire du dessert gâteau chocolat/kale! Cela surprend que la combinaison soit si bonne.

LOVE IT!!!

5 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

OH MY GOD! This place is beyond insanely good!!!!!! Words cannot describe the food but I will try. Its my second time coming here and have yet to taste something so-so. Everything is so creative, succulent, bursting with flavor. This will sound a little crazy - but omg the salad!!! I ordered it cause I wasn't that hungry but hands down one of the best foods I've EVER eaten ( including around the world and every meal in Paris). This was NOT lettuce, tomato and balsamic... It was incredibly complex and the flavors were ridiculous! I really enjoy taking very small fork fulls to play with the flavors. And I generally never order desserts but with this place, I'm just too curious!!! The people working there are always so kind! The wine is very pricey but the quality is outstanding. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!! Fresh, innovative, clean, healthy, mouth watering insanity!!

Pros: excellent food, Fresh menu that changes with the seasons, Very nice place/ambiance/service
Cons: Not BYOB and wine is pricey

Excellent food and service

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

What a wonderful place to eat for both vegans and nons. Went there with a group of nine friends with me the only vegan. My friends oohed and aahed over the quality and taste of the dishes. The service was excellent, wine choices sufficient and ambiance just right. Excellent!

Pros: diversity of meals, small but good wine choices, fantastic service

Loved it. Just loved it.

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

This place is the quintessential example of what the word
"bistro" brings to mind. The décor is sleek in a retro way, but without becoming kitchy or "theme"-ish. Just well styled. I arrived for brunch one day to meet a friend, was the first at the restaurant and the waiter was welcoming all while keeping the right distance. I ordered a vegan omelet with fruit and hashbowns. I must say, I was not prepared for the beautiful plate they set down in front of me. There was a real aesthetic to the meal. It was equally as pleasing to the stomach as it was to the eye, which was all the more impressive considering how difficult it is to get a vegan omelet "right". It was over a month since I've been and writing about it makes me which I could eat that same meal for lunch today. My friend, who is neither vegan nor vegetarian, was equally as impressed.

As for the price, it was about 20$-25$ a person, meal and drink. So, moderate. This seems in line with similar restaurants in town. Though, to be honest, in terms of the quality-from restaurant ambiance to the food itself, it seemed like I got more than my money's worth. Can't wait to go back.

Pros: location, service, taste
Cons: not open before 11am on weekends

Overpriced, underwhelmed.

2 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2013

Overall I was disappointed with this restaurant. The menu is very limited. I got the pizza, which was decent but nothing special and my husband got the hotpot which was not great. We shared the blackberry cheesecake for desert and it too was not great, definitely nowhere as good as the one at Aux Vivres or Crudessence. I would not eat here again unless a friend invited me.

Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: overpriced, small selection, food not great

Excellent

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

Great vegan food. Nice atmosphere. Meals are great, from accessible to fancier meals. Staff is amazingly friendly. Try the hot pot, it's worth it!

A new Vegan Gem

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

I have been to this great Vegan Bistro for dinner three times already and it has never failed to disappoint! The staff is really inviting...the name is a perfect description. If you are tired of the same old Veg wraps and salads in a casual atmosphere, give this place a try. The decor is tasteful as is the food. Chef K uses 80% bio/organic produce and prepares all of his exotic dishes with love and care.They are inspirations from his travels.Since its a new resto, for not they only serve dinner, however I have been told that lunch/brunch and take out will soon follow. The location is hip and trendy too. On my last visit, I invited my 2 non-vegan friends and they were really surprised by the deliciousness of their meals and don't miss the desserts either!Give INVITATION V a try, and you will surely be back for more.

Magnifique!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

I have not yet encountered even one other restaurant in my life which offers such amazing food, beautiful atmosphere, and wonderful staff!

On our visit, we had the the signature Hot-Pot dinner, which is unique, impressive, and delicious, as well as the seitan burger, which they have transformed from an otherwise mundane sandwich into a flavorful and satisfying meal.

We drove eight hours to visit the city, and Invitation V made the entire trip worth the drive. If you are within as little as 20k of Montréal, you MUST eat here!
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 26, 2013

Pros: Delicious Food, Beautiful Atmosphere, Wonderful Staff
Cons: Nothing, Nothing, Nothing

EXCELLENT !!

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

Ambiance et décor très agréable. Nourriture excellente. Belle présentation. Bon choix de vins biologiques. Belle carte. Je le recommande vivement. Le seul restaurant vegan à Montréal qui ne ressemble pas à une cafétariat, la grande classe ! // Atmosphere and nice decor. Excellent food. Beautiful presentation. Good selection of organic wines. Beautiful menu. I highly recommend it. The only vegan restaurant in Montreal that does not look like a Cafetaria the great class!

Pros: Ambiance /Atmosphere, Nourriture de quality / Food quality, Excellent service / Great service

New Vegan Bistro in Montreal

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Just tried out this new vegan bistro called Invitiation V near Mile End in Montreal. Unlike other vegan or vegetarian restaurants that i have tried before where the food is often raw and a little bland, the dishes at this bistro all look appealing and taste great.
My friends and I came here for an early dinner, and the restuarant was quite busy already.

For drinks, we tried their juices - Detox(greens)and Vitalitie(beets/ginger)- they were all refreshing and had greatly enhanced our appetite. For appetizers we had the butternut squash & roasted red pepper soup which was light and delicious.

For starters we ordered three things, the spring flowers (organic greens served on a yummy phyllo pastry), homemade seitan satay, and the beet and apple salad with homemade hummus. The special peanut tahini sauce that comes with the satays was tasty, so as the hummus in the beet salad.

For main courses, we ordered the thin crust pizza which was crunchy and delicious; the 'creamy' mushroom barley risotto with sautéed kale and zucchini (my favorite dish!!), and their signature hotpot with tofu and organic vegetables which comes with a creamy coconut tamale (sticky rice) in banana leaf. i just wish they could put more of the yummy tofu in the hotpot.

For dessert, we had the tahini black pearl pudding and the freshly baked kale and chocolate fusion cake. The texture of the pudding was silky smooth, the sesame flavour was just amazing.

Overall the food was excellent and from the presentation, you can tell the chef has put alot of thought into preparing and making the dishes and the ingredients are all very fresh. The service is great. Staff are attentive and friendly. In terms of the environment, this vegan bistro has a great ambience with a modern and open-concept design. Street parking is available and they're not too hard to find.
Will definitely come again to try out the chef's new dishes.

Pros: Excellent food,. Great Presentation, Friendly and attentive staff, Nice vibe and open concept
Cons: only open for dinner at this time

Dear Owner and Manager of Invitation V Vegan Bistro: