Integral Yoga Natural Foods

A full service vegetarian natural food store with a juice bar inside. Offers prepared foods for grab n go. more-less
923 Preston Ave

I love going to YOGURT, [ as a friend and I called

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

fun place to visit
-always friendly and helpful
- monthly specials always great

veganvixenamy
veganvixenamy

10% student discount!

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I went here today for the second time. I need to get to know the busline better so that I can come here more often! I had a scrumptious vegan milkshake (peanut butter cup with chocolate almond milk), and a prepared vegan sandwich. Both were fresh and delicious. The avocado on the prepared sandwich was very fresh and vibrant.

Their produce is actually LOCAL and organic. My mom and I were impressed to see organic grapes in fresh stock.
I also enjoyed stalking up on bulk spices (sea salt, ground black pepper) and bulk essentials (chia, Turkish figs, chickpeas, raw cashews) in the extensive (more so than Rebecca's Natural Food's Store) bulk section. It was cost effective and efficient.
Also they have a great selection of more expensive noms (like raw kale chips, raw almond butter).
And their selection of vegan ice cream beats Foods of All Nations, Rebecca's, and maybe even Whole Foods!
They have a pretty good selection of vegan cheese, but no Kite Hill (I haven't seen this on the west coast yet), nor do they have raw vegan cheese (can't remember the brand) that is sometimes sold at Fresca on Addison in Richmond, Virginia.
The 10% student discount with ID is great!
I want to support them as much as possible...probably my favorite Grocery Store in Charlottesville. :)

Pros: great vegan smoothies!, extensive bulk, local produce, 10% student discount!
Cons: too far to walk from where I live, not all vegan
ChocolateYogini
ChocolateYogini

Badass Smoothies, Juices, Vegan options

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

What a great little grocery! I stumbled in here after hearing about it from some friends who live at Yogaville (yogaville.com), and had no idea they even had a juice/smoothie bar. But damn those juices and smoothies are BADASS. I've had a number of items on that menu since I've moved to Charlottesville, and they have all been amazing (and affordable for the quality, I might add). They have some unique juice and smoothie options I have never seen before, even when I trolled around NYC & DC for righteous juice/smoothie options. They are really focused on both taste and health, so you'll see juices called "The Detoxifier" and "Liver Flush." Lots of options. They have this vegan strawberry cashew date smoothie... omg... it's... so good. It tastes like Strawberry froyo.

I love popping in here for a kombucha on tap or to stock up on bulk stuff as well. They have some pretty great sales, and I would say those sales make their prices comparable if not better than Whole Foods. Definitely in the bulk section, anyway.

It's pretty widely known that they have the best produce and supplements section in town too. All of their local produce actually comes from local farmers, and it's top notch quality for great prices. No other groceries can compete with them on that. And the supplements department often has awesome sales, like 40% off sometimes on the really great, fancy supplements.

This place is all vegetarian. Only downside: no eggs. This would be a one-stop shop for me if they had eggs. But, oh well. That's what the Saturday market in town is for, right?

Idk why their website isn't listed here. It's iyfoods.com

Pros: Awesome Juice & Smoothie Bar, Wonderful Produce Section, Everything is Vegetarian!
Cons: No eggs., No alcohol.

ragpony23
ragpony23

Pricy but high quality

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

Carries a great selection of vegan and vegetarian, organic and gluten-free goodies, as well as some local farm offerings. Much pricier than some other local health foods shops but if you're looking for a local no-frills shopping experience without the congested atmosphere of the larger chain store and a unique selection of raw and vegan food to go, this fits the bill. If you're looking for staple items, save a few bucks and head to whole foods instead.

Pros: Healthy, Vegan, Small
Cons: Pricy, Unfriendly service, Limited
msmayz
msmayz

Great selection of vegan food in deli case!

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2008

While on a business trip to Charlottesville, I stopped at Integral Yoga Natural Foods to pick up some lunch, as -- according to Happy Cow -- it was the surest place for me to find some vegan food. It's a quick five-minute drive from the UVa campus; just from walking through the front door of the shop, it seems like a nice little co-op with a standard variety of health-food items, vitamins, herbs, holistic medicine items, and books. (Note: I didn't do any shopping; I went straight for the deli/juice bar.) The tiny cold case in the back of the store was crammed with at least 10 different clearly-labeled vegan and/or raw items -- eggplant manicotti, dolmades, spring rolls, nori rolls, balsamic veggie salad, and blueberry "cream" pie, just to name a few. The food I tried was flavorful and filling -- I felt like I was eating something I had made myself. They also have a fully-stocked juice bar; my wheatgrass shot was fresh and tasty. Unfortunately, the store has no place to sit and eat -- a few outside tables would be nice -- but that's a small price to pay for delicious (yet cold) home-cooked vegan goodness. One minor downside was that the employee behind the deli case was pretty rude: she repeatedly rolled her eyes and sighed as she scooped out my selected food items, and she didn't make eye contact with me even ONE time while begrudgingly taking my order. Not sure what the deal was there. The cashier at the front of the store was pleasant enough, and I picked up a napkin and a fork on my way out the store to go eat in my car. A nicer deli employee would have made this a five-star (or five-cow) review. Otherwise, a sure bet for fresh vegan/raw food on-the-go! They offer a 10% student discount (with ID), too.

Pros: Variety of vegan/raw options, 10% student discount (with ID), Quick drive from campus/downtown
Cons: Rude deli counter staff
  • Percyfaith Percyfaith

I've found the staff hit or miss but overall this place is a good source. They also offer a 10% senior discount.

Guest
Guest

friendly, interesting place to shop

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2007

good selection of COMPLETELY VEGETARIAN FOODS,bath products, herbs, nuts, bulk items, produce, etc. SUPPORT the locals! Not a big conglomerate. Friendly people usually, fun to shop and bump into old friends. While many health food stores have gone to carrying meat, they do not.

Pros: friendly, creative place, quality goods, fully vegetarian!
  • earthboundmisfit earthboundmisfit

This is one of my favorite stores. It is smaller than Whole Foods but I like that it is completely vegetarian.

Dear Owner and Manager of Integral Yoga Natural Foods: