Indus Indian and Herbal Cusine

Serves meat, veg options available. A relaxed vibe with plush booths and Indian music. Menu is extensive with vegan options clearly labeled with many to choose from including desserts. A full bar with happy hour. Open Mon-Sun Lunch-Dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by gortollini
acerteng
acerteng

fantastic indian meal

3 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

Came here with first timers (first time eating east indian food) and they thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Good place for vegans.

shakes13t
shakes13t
  • raw

Great food, lots of vegan options!

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2012

Pretty, clean place, very good service, and they even made us palak with chole, though it isn't on the menu. Everything was delicious.

gortollini
gortollini

D-Lish and VEGAN FREINDLY!!

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2012

While they do serve meat and have cow's milk on their menu this Indian restaurant is practically half vegan. The HUGE menu provides clear descriptions of all dishes and everything is labeled including the vegan options. It was great to go to a restaurant that wasn't a full fledge vegan joint and still have too many options to choose from that I had to sacrifice one dish for another. Usually there's only one maybe more options. I attended this joint with a non-vegan friend but we ordered vegan all the way and by the end of it, they said that they would eat vegan if it was like this (meaning the meal we had just consumed). We started with the sampler platter for an appetizer. Everything was fried and looked like it was going to taste the same with just different veggies in it but it wasn't. Everything had it's own flavor profile and spiciness. My fave were the samosas. Dinner was a combination of Vegetable Madras and Chana Marsala. Both on the spicier side and we got the Madras at level medium and I'm glad we didn't go any higher. Dishes were served of course with rice and while I would have loved some naan, but it isn't vegan. Looking forward to going back and trying the dishes I had to say no to, plus, I'm gonna save room for dessert because they had two or three vegan options. It you're in the area and looking for Indian, a cultural nosh or a just a new joint to try give this place a go.

Pros: vegan options, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Indus Indian and Herbal Cusine: