Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food place. Has a vegetarian section with vegan items marked with a V, including appetizers, breads, entrees, and desserts. Staff is knowledgeable about vegan items. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg
612 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, New Jersey 08108
856-858-0020
Closed now

Tue-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by butikiteas
marylide
marylide

Great and Numerous Vegan Options!!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

The vegan options are all clearly marked and there are many to choose from. The service is great, prices moderate and the decor is very nice. A real enjoyable dining experience!

Pros: vegan food, knowledgeable servers, very clean
Cons: none
MichelleKreidler
MichelleKreidler

Great food and service!

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

Nice find while visiting Collingswood. If you like Indian food, you will not be disappointed! We started with the RAGDA PATTIES and CRISPY LASOONI GOBI. My husband ordered the VEGETARIAN THALI and I ordered the PANEER LABABDAR. Everything was wonderful. Our server was very knowledgeable and service was fast. But we had too much food and had to take much of it home. Lovely breakfast the next day.

Pros: Great food, Wonderful service
mariaiswaycool
mariaiswaycool

Lovely Indian Food

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times with my parents, and it is worth the trip. Menu is clearly marked for vegan and gluten free items, which makes it easier to pick out what you want.

Spicy Corn Soup - Good. You can taste the corn mostly, but I am not so sure about the spicy part.

Crispy Lasooni Gobi - Fantastic. Pretty much fried cauliflower in a garlic-y red sauce.

Gobi Aloo Mutter - Always my favorite when I go out for Indian food. Potatoes, peas, and cauliflower. I ordered it spicy, and it had a good amount of kick. I would have liked it spicier, but it was still great.

I've never had dessert here, but there are a few vegan options (sorbets). I usually opt to go get a vegan milkshake at the Pop Shop down the road instead of sorbet. Once again, I would be giving this a 5 if Happy Cow allowed for it.

Pros: Great Food
Cons: Not Spicy Enough

butikiteas
butikiteas

Delicious Food, Great Service, Veg Friendly

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

My husband and I both love this place. The food is a little more on the Americanized side but it is absolutely delicious. There are plenty of vegan & vegetarian options. Vegan & gluten-free items are specially marked. The Crispy Okra Salad is fantastic and I have never liked any okra dishes before. The samosas and onion bhajia are amazing aps. A small side of Dal Makhani comes with the vegan entrees, so I recommend going with one of the other vegan entrees. They even have 2 vegan sorbets for dessert. The atmosphere is great and the place is very clean. The service was very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about vegan issues. Show up at least 30 minutes before closing.

Pros: Tasty Food, Lots of veg options, Fantastic service
Cons: A little on the Americanized side, Stop seating 30 min before closing