Previously name Indigo Food Cafe; to to this space inside Greens Market in Jan 2014. The menu is vegan and mostly raw and includes vegan cheese and dessert. After hours, you take something from the fridge and pay at the supermarket cashier. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out
1978 W Broadway (inside Greens Market)
Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1Z2
604-537-7288
Closed now

Mon-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm

First Review by kimward8
lovela5
lovela5

Great juices and smoothies & yummy raw cheesecakes

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

I've been to this place for the first time after they moved to Broadway. I ordered 2 raw cheesecakes for me and my friend and also a plate of perigees and a juice. everything was pretty delicious especially the deserts however I noticed that they use honey there, which is not vegan. So for those who don't eat honey make sure to ask...

Im still sort of confused how their food menu works, they don't serve it everyday which is weird.

Juices, smoothies and deserts are there everyday.

I keep my fingers crossed for this restaurant and i hope we get more places like that in central Vancouver.

Pros: Delicious food
Cons: pricey, weird food menu, serves honey
CoeurDeLouve
CoeurDeLouve

Cocaine for vegans!

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I have to confess, after trying my first chocoberry mouse I have not been the same. I just cannot think of anything else except when I will be going to Inddigo again! It is so heavenly, I order it by the dozen, take it home or in my travels.

I have followed this gang of hard-working people since they opened on 16th street and I will follow them to the end of the world for their food.

Everything here is made with care and love. Owner Lovena is so passionate about quality and health that every aspect of the food you will eat here is product of a thorough selection and time-consuming preparation.

Another addictive item is the "cheeses." I am glad I do not work at this establishment because I would clean out! I seriously respect the discipline staff have when working around the food they produce. It is worthy of a clinical study; when I eat the "cheeses" I require a herculean effort to stop at one serving.

The menu has been reduced to fit at the new location, however, the favourites remain. I truly wish them success, I have never met such dedicated/passionate staff producing such marvelous foods that are healthy for you, me, the planet...

I just adore Inddigo.

Pros: taste, quality, location
Cons: none
gaffer
gaffer

Great vegan desserts!

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

On the desserts alone, Indigo get 5/5 from me. Other than this, the food is good and very satisfying (especially the Perogies).

Pros: Good food, Quite and pleasant, Friendly service
Cons: Menu is a bit limited

juniperskitchen
juniperskitchen

You had me at Perogies!

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

This is fast becoming my favourite veg restaurant in Vancouver. Not for the atmosphere or service (tho it is a nice little place and the owners are kind) but for the FOOD. All vegan, mostly raw with some cooked items, everything is delicious.

I had the Ukrainian Feast which comes with cabbage rolls and perogies -and an incredible big bowl of borscht. finished off with a wee raw dessert that was very tasty indeed. the portions are small but I am trying to eat smaller portions anyway. I feel so healthy after eating here, and very satisfied with the flavours. I highly recommend this restaurant for those looking for healthy but satisfying food.

you can even take home frozen perogies for later.

Pros: vegan perogies!, vegan perogies!, vegan perogies!
Cons: a bit of a wait, wee bit expensive but average for raw
eietmo
eietmo

Amazing foods!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

We got a coupon for a 4 course meal at Indigo foods. I wanted to try them out for a while but I'm not usually a raw fan, so the coupon was my chance. Turned out they had cooked food too. We were served by a lovely lady who helped us pick our dishes. We got some tea which was nice.

Now to the interesting part- the food! Oh my goodness. It was SO GOOD. our appetizer was raw stuffed mushrooms. I'm not a big fans of raw mushrooms but these were very fresh and so delicious. We also got a borscht soup and a Caeser salad, both very good (and large soup portion). We both got pirogi's for our main, I got mixed ones and I LOVED it (so much that I ate some of my boyfriend's too :-P ). We got two cakes for dessert and ordered a yogurt too (yes, we are pigs...). We ordered stuffed tomatoes and a mushroom soup to go, which were both very good.

So to sum it up- great food. We will be back for sure.

Pros: Food is AMAZING, Nice Staff
amarello
amarello

As tasty as it is beautiful

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

I had a ton of great food on a recent trip to Vancouver, but this was the best! I got the raw pizza, coconut water, and a 'trio of cakes' for dessert. The coconut water was fresh, served in the coconut so you get to eat the fresh coconut as well. The pizza was delicious and presentation absolutely beautiful. The cakes were amazing! I was so full, I had a hard time finishing the cakes, but there was no way I was leaving them :-) I highly recommend giving this place a chance. The chairs were comfortable enough, although the food was so good I hardly noticed where I was sitting.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: a little pricey, small
vegan frog
vegan frog

Need to get organised...

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

This place is so disorganised. We've been several times but every time we say it will be the last time. You sit on very uncomfortable chairs at sewing tables, the wait staff which always seem to be different don't appear to know what they're doing or serving, the wait is very long, and the apologies non existent.
Having said that, everything we've tried has been delicious. The stuffed mushrooms, the perogies (sauerkraut and potato), the collard roll-ups and the raw pizza. But it's not worth going out of our way to eat there...

Pros: Fresh raw food
Cons: Disorganised staff, Long waits, Uncomfortable seats
Guest
Guest

Best raw-vegan restaurant in the world

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

This restaurant Indigo Cafe has jumped up to the top of our list of best restaurants in the world and we will go back every time we are in Vancouver. The owner is I think Ukrainian. She use to be an architect and now is living her dream as the chef in her own restaurant. My boys had the perogies ( potato and sauerkraut), my daughter had the collard veggie wrap and i ate the best kale salad with avocado and red peppers that was spiced just right. Our meal was so good that we had to try all her desserts and I am glad we did. My personal favorite was the ganache but everything was amazing. It was a perfect meal for our family and I highly recommend going there. I am a raw-vegan chef as well and her food is top quality in flavor and presentation.

amigo
amigo

Indigo Blues

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

I was extremely disappointed by the tiny, skimpy, stingy, meager portions I received at Indigo Cafe. The hard wooden chairs are not comfortable. The service was slow. This place doesn't even feel like a restaurant. Noisy blenders shatter the silence and make for an unpleasant dining experience. The $6 raw vegan coconut cream pie, though tasty, was only about the size of a plum! Hardly more than two mouthfuls. Pathetic! I could easily have eaten four pieces. I bought over $30 worth of food and I was still hungry! I went somewhere else to eat afterwards. Unless the owner gets very generous with the portions, this place is going to go bankrupt. I don't recommend this place at all and I definitely won't be back.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive, Small portion, Noisy
kimward8
kimward8

Amazing Perogies

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

The owner is super nice, and the vegan perogies are delicious. I had the mashed potato ones, but they also have sauerkraut perogies and cherry perogies for dessert. The coconut cheese is really good and doesn't taste like coconut. The coconut yogurt is also really good, without a coconuty taste. This is the best raw restaurant I've been to.

Dear Owner and Manager of Inddigo: