Serves meat, veg options available. Specializes in North Indian cuisine and practices Ayurvedic style cooking. Has a separate vegetarian menu with around 14 vegetarian and several vegan choices. The naan is vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

sbomford
sbomford

Excellent Tasty Food, Good Vegetarian Menu

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2015

Whenever I'm in the Washington area, I always visit the Indian Ocean restaurant. I always get a great welcome! The service is excellent & the food is some of the tastiest I have had at any Indian restaurant. There is a good selection of various vegetarian options which often make it difficult to decide! Well recommended.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Relaxing atmosphere
Suburbivore
Suburbivore

Vegan Friendly and Delicious

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

We have eaten at Indian Ocean at least six times since it opened, and it has become our favorite Indian restaurant in western Fairfax County. Every vegan option on the menu is good, and all can be ordered mild, medium, or spicy.

The chef uses no butter, and minimizes oil so the dishes aren't swimming in fat. The owner is friendly, service is always good, and the atmosphere is nicer than many of the cheap, diner-style Indian restaurants in the area.

The naan is vegan here (which is unusual in my experience), and there are several yummy naan options that are all delicious. If you get a chance, try the veg pakora or samosas.

Pros: Many vegan options, all tasty, Reasonable prices, Minimizes use of oil

Dear Owner and Manager of Indian Ocean: