Serves meat, veg options available. Re-opened after move from Moo 9, Beach Road, it's now on the west side of 2nd Road, mid-way between Soi 4 and Soi 5, across the street from Alcazar parking lot (Dec 2014). The daily lunch and dinner buffet is vegetarian aside from one chicken. The kitchen will custom make vegan or raw food upon request, like a raw spicy chutney or a fresh mango juice without sugar or milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Kelly Kelly
Kelly Kelly

YAY! Opened In New Location

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

Because it had been so well recommended I had searched for the old location only to find a pile of rubble where it used to be. Slated for condos.

Turn the clock forward a couple of months. I am going to a mediocre Indian food restaurant I had visited before. I reach the top of the escalator and go left only to find the place I was going to is closed. Turns out to be a blessing. As I return to the top of the escalator I see a new Indian restaurant has opened.

Clean, fresh, bright. I am greeted with a smile and offered a seat.

I place my order and while I am waiting I notice the equipment for a buffet. I go to the front desk to ask when they have their buffet. Jack, one of the owners that speaks perfect English, tells me they are about to start it in a few minutes.

Get this > he offers to have my order cancelled (even though it has been long enough that it must be almost ready) and that I can have the buffet instead! Talk about looking after a customer!

He tells me he will let me know when the buffet is ready. Sure enough he returns to my table and then gives me a personal tour of the buffet telling me what is in each offering. 10 stars for service!!

I take a small sample of each dish. So I can try each one and then decide which ones I enjoy and want to indulge in more fully. Unlike any buffet I have been to before I discover that I like every single offering!! Great flavors and spicy without being too intense.

I have returned since to find that they change up some of the dishes with each buffet, wonderful! I have only found one dish so far that doesn’t fit with my taste buds.

And all this for only 250 Baht at lunch! (about $7.50 US)

And all this for only 300 Baht at dinner! (about $10 US)

Buffet is open from 1pm to 3:30pm and from 7:30 to 9:30
Full menu available all day.

I fully recommend this place for anyone that enjoys Indian food!!!

Back story: In talking with Jack, one of the owners, I find that he has been influenced by his father’s lifestyle. His dad is vegan, fasts one day a week, practises yoga and has an all-around healthy lifestyle.

Updated from previous review on Friday January 02, 2015

Updated from previous review on Friday January 02, 2015

Pros: Great service, Great food, Clean and inviting
laurenjedi
laurenjedi

wonderful fresh food!

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

I visited Indian Chimney at approx 2.30pm on a Saturday - the busy rush was just dying down (as other reviews mentioned, the lunch is very busy until around 3pm, and restaurant staff said the same) so the host/manager (?) had time to deliver wonderful service, as well as stopping by our table for a chat. His English was very fluent, and his knowledge of vegan food great, which made ordering very easy, since the restaurant also serves meat. Vegan isn't specified on the menu, but there is a huge selection of vegetarian options, and as meals from the menu are made fresh, they are easily ordered vegan. The menu is huge - if you're travelling with omnis, it looks like there is no shortage of meat options either. Something for everyone!
I had the Dhal Tadka and Plain Roti, and shared Veg Samosas. Wonderful meal!! The dhal was, without a doubt, the best I've ever eaten (and I do eat a lot of Indian). I love spicy food, and this had the perfect amount of bite. The samosas and roti were also lovely, you can really taste how fresh the ingredients were in everything! The mango juice was great too. You do have to wait for the food to be cooked fresh, but it really isn't any longer than 5-10 minutes, and is more than worth the wait.
I hope to return during my time in Pattaya. I cannot rate the service and food highly enough! Definitely recommend.

Pros: Friendly staff, perfect service, Good portion sizes, huge menu, Fresh ingredients, cooked fresh
Manimal
Manimal

Excellent Staff and Food

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

I was there for Songkran and ordered the channa masala (chickpea curry) which was awesome! Make sure to tell them if you are a vegan and you do not want an ghee or butter in any of your food. Vegans may want to avoid the buffet and order a la carte. I did not see any meat in the buffet when I was there. Only on the menu but this place seems authentic vegetarian.

Pros: Friendly staff, Authentic Indian food, Custom
Cons: Busy until after 1430

Dear Owner and Manager of Indian Chimney: