Indian Chimney

Serves meat, veg options available. The daily lunchtime buffet includes mostly vegetarian choices alongside a chicken one. Gets busy. Come after 3pm, and the kitchen will custom make vegan or raw food upon request, like a raw spicy chutney or a fresh mango juice without sugar or milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

laurenjedi
laurenjedi

wonderful fresh food!

4 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

I visited Indian Chimney at approx 2.30pm on a Saturday - the busy rush was just dying down (as other reviews mentioned, the lunch is very busy until around 3pm, and restaurant staff said the same) so the host/manager (?) had time to deliver wonderful service, as well as stopping by our table for a chat. His English was very fluent, and his knowledge of vegan food great, which made ordering very easy, since the restaurant also serves meat. Vegan isn't specified on the menu, but there is a huge selection of vegetarian options, and as meals from the menu are made fresh, they are easily ordered vegan. The menu is huge - if you're travelling with omnis, it looks like there is no shortage of meat options either. Something for everyone!
I had the Dhal Tadka and Plain Roti, and shared Veg Samosas. Wonderful meal!! The dhal was, without a doubt, the best I've ever eaten (and I do eat a lot of Indian). I love spicy food, and this had the perfect amount of bite. The samosas and roti were also lovely, you can really taste how fresh the ingredients were in everything! The mango juice was great too. You do have to wait for the food to be cooked fresh, but it really isn't any longer than 5-10 minutes, and is more than worth the wait.
I hope to return during my time in Pattaya. I cannot rate the service and food highly enough! Definitely recommend.

Pros: Friendly staff, perfect service, Good portion sizes, huge menu, Fresh ingredients, cooked fresh
Manimal
Manimal

Excellent Staff and Food

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

I was there for Songkran and ordered the channa masala (chickpea curry) which was awesome! Make sure to tell them if you are a vegan and you do not want an ghee or butter in any of your food. Vegans may want to avoid the buffet and order a la carte. I did not see any meat in the buffet when I was there. Only on the menu but this place seems authentic vegetarian.

Pros: Friendly staff, Authentic Indian food, Custom
Cons: Busy until after 1430

Dear Owner and Manager of Indian Chimney: