India Sweets and Grocery

FullofBeans
FullofBeans

Simple and Sweet

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2013

This is a fantastic no-frills establishment.

The grocery store has an amazing selection of foreign goods for low prices.

In the back of the store there is an open cafeteria where you can get a hot combo plate. You get something like rice, two sides, a tortilla thing, and a samosa or pankora for $5! It's an absurd amount of food and yet it is as delicious as it is cheap!

I was absolutely thrilled that all of their dishes are vegetarian and they have 6 dishes that are vegan, not counting sweets, bread or rice. They have a great selection.

Oh, one bad thing- the worker put some "pickled" vegetables on my rice as a mini-side, and I was NOT a fan. It was like eating potpourri. I liked everything else, though and will be back.

Pros: Fast, Inexpensive, Tasty
Cons: not fancy
VeganForLife
VeganForLife

India sweets and grocery:)

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2008

This place is right down the street from me I LOVE the spicy food and so does my family. I suggest to any one that you order what my aunt calls "thanksgiving in a cup", cant think of the name but its a #9 just make sure they don't put the yogurt on it(if your vegan-it has dairy in it)and the spicy green sauce(if u cant handle HOTT!like me)ohh and u cant forget the rice its amazing!!! another little thing some of the dishes have cram or milk mainly just the spinach i think

Pros: friendly staff, GREAT healthy food, GREAT value

Dear Owner and Manager of India Sweets and Grocery: