Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food restaurant with a bar. Has tofu on its menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by MariaPolky
kmanchester306
kmanchester306

Just as good as a remember!

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2015

I live in NYC now, but grew up in RI and frequented India on a pretty regular basis back in the day. Growing up, I was a vegetarian and enjoyed all the delicious spinach and paneer options this establishment offered. As a vegan, I've struggled finding delicious Indian food in the city that doesn't consist of dairy, especially my beloved Naan. Thus, I was extremely pleased to learn that India not only offers a huge variety of well labeled vegan options but also VEGAN NAAN!

This place is just fantastic. The food is light and delicious, cooked without a lot of grease which I find abundant in most Indian cuisines. Also, the staff is amazing! I visited this past Sunday with my mom and her husband, a man that made it very clear to the staff that he did not want to be there, and our waitress was still super sweet and accommodating! Love you India! Thanks for being friendly and vegan. XOXO

Pros: Well labeled vegan options, Gluten free options, Friendly environment
MariaPolky
MariaPolky

mhmmm so spicy

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

This restaurant has clear little green Vs beside each dish that is vegan, and a half green V for dishes that CAN be vegan. I got the tofu vindaloo and it was delicious and probably the spiciest indian food I've ever had.

Seriously I love this place. The interior is also really beautiful and romantic :)

Dear Owner and Manager of India Restaurant: