CLOSED: India Palace

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a few vegan dishes. Reported business is for sale, Sep 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg
2071 S 4th Ave
Yuma, Arizona 85364
928-782-0799

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by strawberryhedgehog
Dearjoel
Dearjoel

good place

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

The charming if somewhat weary middle aged couple who run the restaurant are very sweet and now what is what and what is veg on the menu. They deserve a lot of good karma for sticking it out in Yuma, which may be the global epicenter of xenophobia and willful ignorance. So vegetarians and vegans have a place to eat if chance finds you in Yuma. Food is quite good, the atmosphere is simple but that is cool by me.

Pros: veg options in Yuma, nice people run it, food yummy
Cons: also meat items on menu but they are in the land o
robocop
robocop

Indian Palace is the correct name for this place

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

I have eaten there twice as it was the only option for vegan food I could find in Yuma. The cafe is very small with and Indian TV show showing in the dining room. I was the only customer both times I was there.

The lady who runs the place was friendly and helpful. The first time I ordered out and the food was good but I was charged $6.00 extra for a small order of brown rice. The total for the entree and the rice came to $15.00. I thought that it was a bit steep. The second time I ate there I had the $8.45 lunch special that included rice or bread and two small entree selections. I skipped the included dessert as it contained dairy. I was also charged $1.00 extra for brown rice instead of white rice. One of the two entrees was very very salty, both dishes were so so.

I believe this owner could produce good Indian food but doesn't seem to want to do it for a good price even though the restaurant is very modest in a strip mall next to a Dairy Queen.

The potential is here but lacks execution and it shows in the visible lack of business.

Pros: vegan food, attentive owner
Cons: price too high for quality, modest surroundings
strawberryhedgehog
strawberryhedgehog

Tasty Indian Food... In Yuma?!

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2008

A welcome addition to the Yuma-food-tour the India house has a decent Indian buffet and very friendly service. It is nice to have it as another option for vegetarians or Indian food lovers in town. Not the best I've had but certainly the best in Yuma. I will surely go again.

Pros: Good food, Friendly service, Lots of veggie options
Cons: Don't be late to the buffet (stale rice)

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: India Palace: