India Palace SA

Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food restaurant. Staff is knowledgeable of veg diets. Vegans to inquire about dairy use. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
8474 Fredericksburg Rd (Wurzbach)
San Antonio, Texas 78229

Dara.Skara
Dara.Skara

Love! Love! Love!

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

I love everything about this place! I recommend it highly!

Pros: Everything!
Cons: I'm not near it anymore! :-(
Suz
Suz

a regular stop for me

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

good comfort food, reasonably priced, consistent and authentic, lots of wonderful vegetarian (some vegan) dishes on the buffet every day.

i loved this place long before i lived here. we used to make a point of eating here before heading home when we'd come to visit every month or two. we needed our 'fix'.

downside: lots of salt, oil and cheese in many dishes that might be even better without ... tho when India Palace recently hosted San Antonio Vegetarian Society monthly meeting, they served us *all vegan* foods ... even more delicious than their standard yummy fare... esp the spinach paneer with soft non-dairy cheese. mmmmmmmm... tastier than the usual soft (dairy) cheese. wish they offered *that* all the time on their buffet!

love the super fresh naan, tho i wish they didn't spread any butter or ghee on it. fun to watch it cook on the big round tandoor(?)

would also love their creamy, rich desserts -- mango and rice puddings -- to be made vegan instead of with dairy.

i'd eat there much more often if my favorites were vegan (and they can be, easily). so i learn to make and enjoy vegan versions of these dishes at home, instead. even the naan.

ironically, we eat here less often than before we moved here. still... i love this place!

Pros: good $$ value, nice dining experience, colorful, inviting buffet
Cons: not enough vegan dishes, too much ghee, salt, cheese , could be GREAT $$ value
ellyn.arsenault
ellyn.arsenault

SO GOOD!

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2010

Very veg friendly even on the buffet, which is wonderful!
the atmosphere is pretty cheesy and could use better design but the food makes up for all that!

Pros: WONDERFUL food
Cons: ugly atmosphere
mkzk77
mkzk77

Hands Down 1 of the Best Indian Restaurants in SA

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2009

The food is ah-mazing. One of the best Indian restaurants in the city, and I have been to several Indian restaurants because vegetarian Indian cuisine is one of my favorites. Very authentic, taste and quality is consistently excellent and authentic. Service is quick, prices are reasonable. Place is clean. They really do pack 'em in and get a steady crowd. Everytime I've been- whether it was a Monday afternoon or Sunday evening, it was busy. I guess that's the only downside =) Try the Kingfisher beer (from India) it's a wonderful lager with full flavor- it's excellent with curries.

Pros: authentic, delicious buffet, affordable
Cons: need to expand, busy

Dear Owner and Manager of India Palace SA: