Serves meat, veg options available. North Indian cuisine, includes some traditional vegetable dishes. Ask about dairy use. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
11605 Cleveland Ave Ste 20
Fort Myers, Florida 33907

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by stxbill

Spicy But Enjoyable At An Affordable Price

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2015

Have been to India Palace 4-5 times since moving to Fort Myers from Illinois. I always go for their lunch buffet, as it's the best bang for your buck in my opinion. They have 4-5 vegan dishes, which is great for me, being vegan. The staff seems mildly friendly, but could be a little more friendly. The food is very spicy, so if you're not prepared for that, don't come.

Pros: Buffet, Vegan options, Price
Cons: Spicy food (very)

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2012

We went for lunch and it was less than stellar. The only lunchtime offerings were curry based dishes. We tried the potato and paneer (spinach) based dishes. The meal was $8.95 and came with a small cup of lentil soup, a small plate of salad (one plate, we shared) and 2 pieces of butter naan approx 6 inches in length each. We were expecting additional naan but were disappointed as the waiter disappeared after distributing our food. The curries came with a single plate of rice which we shared. The curries were OK, with a reasonable quantity, but I have had better taste from a box of Haldiram I purchased from a nearby Indian grocery store.

Building was very plain and if not for the 'open' sign in the window you'd think the place was vacant. Dim lighting, so dim you could barely see your dining partner. A few paintings adorned the walls, but nothing exciting about the decor.

From the moment we entered we saw no one to seat us. We waited a couple minutes and after a few loud coughs we got someones attention. After we were seated we noticed 3 employees milling around. Of the 3, none if them looked very excited to be there. The waiter quickly took our order and left without the slightest of pleasantries. We didn't see him again until our meal was over and he came to refill our water.

The manager (owner?) was sitting a few tables away and on a cordless phone bickering with distributors or conducting business as we were eating. I understand you need to run your business, but I don't need to hear you arguing about the price of rice through our entire meal.

Review, with 5 being the best rating:
Staff: 1/5
Decor: 1/5
Food: 2/5
Value: 2/5

Would I go back to see if it was a one time bad experience? Not even if it was free...

Great Food!!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2011

We were so happy to find this place. Vegan friendly, relaxed atmosphere and very prompt, professional, courteous servers. One of the VERY FEW places in the WORLD that made food HOT enough for us.

Pros: Great Food, Fairly priced, Great Variety
Cons: not vegetarian, not vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of India Palace: