Serves meat, veg options available. Chef/owner uses macrobiotic cooking principles in making fish and vegan food. Vegan dishes include soba and udon noodles, brown rice, assorted root vegetables, soups, and usually 2 vegan desserts. No sugar, egg, or dairy used. Bring your own alcohol, cork fee applied. Very small and simple set up. Prices moderate for veggie dishes, more for fish. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, Japanese, Non-veg
131 S La Brea Ave (Beverly Blvd)
Los Angeles, California 90036
323-936-9353

Open Tue-Fri 12-2:30pm, 6-9:35pm, Sat 5:30-9:30pm, Sun 5:30-9pm.

First Review by khakikey
smoothlandon
smoothlandon

Simply amazing!

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

Inaka serves delicious macro food. The prices are a little scary, but when your food arrives you always get your money's worth. The only meat on the menu is fish, so this is a very vegetarian/vegan friendly establishment.

Pros: fresh, healthy
Chia
Chia

Simple and Healthy

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and have eaten here twice. Here's my Inaka review.

The restaurant is quite small, with very simple yet nice set up. There is street parking in front, on La Cienga Blvd.

The menu is based on the healthy Japanese food principle of macrobiotic cooking, incorporating fish along with lots of root vegetables and no dairy. Vegetarian dishes are priced around $10-15 per main entree. Fish dishes are more expensive.

The menu offers a good range of veggie choices. My husband and I have ordered an assortment of vegetable dishes to share: gobo (root), kale salad, kabocha pumpkin and curried veggies, adzuki beans, hijiki seaweed, brown rice, soba noodles.

Overall the food is healthy, filling, and tasty enough. The service is find. I would return again.

gblaca
gblaca

Excellent macrobiotc food

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2009

I have always enjoyed eating at Inaka. I always get the Inaka bowl or plate and it has a variety of samples that are great and filling. It would take hours for me to prepare the same dish at home. Recommended - but not easy if you are on a tight budget.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

smells a tad too fishy! but worth the odor!

4 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2008

I was about to do an about face and hightail it out of there after the fishy smell shocked my olfactory senses. I'm glad I toughed it out! The Inaka bowl is a really great Macrobiotic dish. Exactly what I was looking for to eat! Lots of little samples over brown rice. The veg soup and barley tea are good, too. The Chocolate dessert is good but next time I'll head to MCafe for dessert afterward if I want to make a Macrobiotic adventure out of the night.

Pros: inaka bowl, barley tea
Cons: fishy smell
khakikey
khakikey

Best Restaurant in Town!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2007

Inaka is for people who appreciate a true organic macrobiotic meal, not for "screeching food" addicts. The food is outstanding, really delicious, and really healthy. We dined here many times and each time the service was fantastic. You can do a casual dinner or a formal one. Regular customers are calmer, more refined, and educated than average, and that's a plus! Inaka has been a mecca of fine macrobiotic cuisine for more than 30 years. JUST GO!!!!

Pros: Healthiest food, Calm ambience, Excellent service
Cons: NONE!

Dear Owner and Manager of Inaka: