ImmAim Vegetarian Cafe

Serving vegetarian food using mostly organic produce from local producers. Has vegan options. Thai food, salads, pasta, smoothies, fruit drinks, and coffee. Located just down the street from YMCA on Santitham Road between the YMCA and the round-about. Has another location. Previously named Pun Pun - Santitham. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, International, Thai, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by AlkalineAndRaw
agentbey
agentbey

Quaint Veg Cafe

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Very nice atmosphere and great staff + service.

I am a tough nut when it comes to vegetarian food. Twice I enjoyed my time at ImmAim Vegetarian Cafe. Very peaceful atmosphere.

I ordered the organics veggies in creamy curry. For the price it is fair but by local standards its expensive. I can eat at other nearby vegetarian shops, three times, for the price of one meal here. But it will not be organic veggies.

It appears that the dishes are geared towards the western palate. Which is great for those that can't handle typical Thai spice. For me it doesn't keep me coming back for more though. I want that exotic punch of flavor.

Pros: Organic, Great vibe, Friendly
Cons: Not many vegan selections
jre8995
jre8995

mmmm, really

3 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

while this is a lovely place, and staffed by lovely people, the food was all a bit tasteless and over wholesome
if you are looking for real thai food, do not come here
if you are looking for a californian style meal, then do!

andamanian
andamanian

"One of the best vegetarian restaurants inThailand

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2012

Originally I saw "Imm AIm Vegetarian Cafe'" [Previously Pun Pun] on a BBC article 'be good to yourself in Chiang Mai' and was instantly interested. With a bit if free time my boyfriend and I headed to the satitham branch for what was breakfast for us but at lunch time. We found it easily, we walked from our hotel and first followed signs for the YMCA and then the small black signs for PunPun's itself. The menu was full of a variety of fresh ingredients. I especially liked that they had inserted a seasonal menu which detailed dishes using in season vegetable as well as having the year round menu.
The owner and server was very friendly and spoke good English. we were happy to find out that the brwakdast menu also runs all day. We received everything we ordered which some reviews have said they had a problem with. Everything was amazingly presented and tasted fresh and earthy. The food did not take long to prepare either.
I also bought some peanut and honey butter and some lime shampoo for their organic store.
If ever in chaing mai again I would love to visit again.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 07, 2012

Pros: delicious, healthy , cheap
AlisonAndrews
AlisonAndrews

Slightly disappointed

2 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

After much effort in finding the place (the Tuktuk driver dropped me off nearby, she had no idea where it was and neither did I, and after an hour of searching in the rain I eventually found it), I was a bit disappointed as the first three things I ordered they didn't have. They were out of avocados so a big section of their menu was therefore not available. So I tried for a hummus wrap and she said they had no hummus. Then I tried for a sweet potato salad without yoghurt and she said it is pre-made with the yoghurt. so eventually I ended up eating dry toast (the jam was not sweet at all) with salad.

As a vegan it is difficult to order as nearly all their dressings contain honey, and as mentioned when asked if certain ingredients such as yoghurt can be removed, the response is that it cannot because it is pre-made. I realize that this is a vegetarian place and not vegan, but I really think restaurants need to step up their game, at LEAST to allow for flexibility with their menu as there are more and more vegans around and the number is growing by the day. Don't put honey and yoghurt everywhere unless this can also easily be omitted.

So all in all I was a bit disappointed with the experience and don't think I would go back to this particular branch. I would probably try the other branch though and see how that goes, I believe their menu may be more extensive.

AlkalineAndRaw
AlkalineAndRaw

Best Food in Chiang Mai

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2012

Food is fresh, excellent, vegetarian (a few dishes use egg and/or dairy), healthy, mostly organic and reasonably priced. Staff and owners extremely good hearted and accommodating to special requests. A very warm, family-like atmosphere. I have been going almost every day at least once per day for months, since they opened. One thing I noticed was that I would see the same basic crowd of people almost every time I went and most of them were long-term tourists who just happened to live in that particular area. But it showed that those of us who had found the place kept coming back.

Anyway, now is low season, the crowds are finally thinner at my favorite eatery, so it now makes sense to let you all know about it. Until recently it was almost impossible to get a seat during anything like normal meal times, so I figured I would wait till the crowds thinned before reviewing.

It is located 75 meters north of the old YMCA (a few blocks north of Huay Kaew Rd and the Kad Suan Kaew shopping complex). Excellent salads, raw food, juices, shakes, smoothies sandwiches and international fusion and Thai cuisine.

It is a covered, open-air, non-smoking venue with lots of trees and plants and the building walls are pleasantly covered with a natural earth plaster giving an overall very natural and relaxed feeling. Thai food starts as little as 40 baht (US$ 1.30) for a good sized bowl of herbal veggie organic rice soup. Big (full meal) organic salads range from 55 to 80 baht. Various international entrees with small salads range from about 80 to 120 baht with most around 95 baht. They also have teas and chai and coffee and some desserts. There is also a small shop where you can buy some fresh produce and some natural home and gift products. A better number than the one listed is + 66 870116599

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Great value

Dear Owner and Manager of ImmAim Vegetarian Cafe: