Sign outside reads "Boon Si Ta" but that's an old sign from a previous restaurant; the name of this restaurant is on a small notice which also indicates menu prices. Located 1 minute away from the bus terminal towards Chiang Khong. Has a buffet and serves noodles. Some dishes are vegan. Staff speaks English. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Buffet, Take-out

Mon-Sun 7:00am-7:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by samden
sukilovesicecream
sukilovesicecream

Tasty, friendly, clean, good location

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2015

I walked past there this lunchtime, noticed two big signs with "Imboon", and asked (in English) the lady if it was a vegetarian place. When she replied (in English) that it was, I chose three items (without rice) from the display case, and she brought me a small bowl of hot (tasty) soup when I sat down.

One plate was stir-fried morning glory with fresh chilli, one item was stir-fried bamboo with tofu and the third item, which I can't remember the name of, and which included rice noodles, basil and tofu, was just so phenomenally tasty I couldn't believe my luck.

All three items were freshly made, and at room temperature in a covered display. The total for three dishes came to 40 baht, which I thought was a good price for lunch.

I asked when they would be closing (17:00) and decided I would come back after walking around the centre. When I got back, the morning glory stir fry had gone, so I took two containers with the food I had already tried, plus a small banana leaf wrapped steamed spicy piece of tofu, as well as a fantastically tasty steamed rice triangle with shiitake mushrooms, adzuki beans and gingko nuts. It was slightly sweet, and felt like something I'd eaten in a Japanese buddhist temple many years ago...

If you're about to leave the city for a day trip or to another city/country on the bus, I'd suggest grabbing a meal or picnic in take out containers here before you head out, as well as the steamed rice triangle!

This is the first and only vegetarian place I've been to (so far) in Chiang Rai and it was very pleasant, friendly, tasty, and pretty good value for money. The work area and the display area are clean and I liked the fact they gave me recycled card containers for takeout items...

Pros: tasty, fresh, good value, good portions, English spoken, friendly, inexpensive, clean display/work area, take out food
YozzyOti
YozzyOti

It was ok food for me

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2015

It was the first vegetarian place I went to when I arrived in Chiang rai. I am not sure if it was around 2pm, there were no one eating there and the food wasnt really my favourite. The food was really cheap and she gave me complementary soup and fresh veggies.

Pros: complementary veggies and soup
Amanda Panda
Amanda Panda

Cheap and Cheerful

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

This is a great vegetarian restaurant located on Pra Sop Suk Road opposite the Bus Station and about 200 metres down, away from the main street. (There was another vegetarian restaurant in this location prior to Imboonbarame which was called Boonsita and its signage is still on the restaurant wall, so this may cause some confusion).
The food is delicious and serves are very generous, with around 10 different curries and stir frys as well as soups and khao soy.
We chose 2 different curries with brown rice for the grand total of 30 baht each, and this included condiments of cabbage, cucumber, sauces and chillies as well as a large bowl of very tasty, hot soup. The dishes are served at room temperature, which didn’t matter to us, as the food was so flavoursome.
We dined here a few times and were very impressed with the variety and freshness, not to mention, fantastic value for money. Definitely recommended.
Imboonbarame Restaurant is open from 7.00am until 7.00pm Monday to Saturday.

Pros: Range Of Dishes Changes Daily, Comfortable, Clean and Spacious, Very Inexpensive
Cons: Confusing Signage of Restaurant Name

BamBooShoot
BamBooShoot

This is Imboonbarame

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

This restauarant is NOT Boonsita. It is a bit confusing because that name is written all over the place. That's because it is the old location of Boonsita. For some reason Boonsita didn't took her banners with her when in august 2012 she moved to her new location. Now she regrets that but the new owner refuses to take away her name. In this way he trys to use the name of the famous Boonsita (she opened the first vegetarian rest in Chiang Rai). It all wouldn't be too bad when the quality of the food here was at good as at the originals. If you like realy good food go to the one and only Boonsita near the hospital at Sankhongnoi rd.

samden
samden

Best veg food taste in Chiang Rai

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

I eat several times there and it was always a great teat and portion. The owner is very friendly, but I suspect I get charged tourist prices - but nothing mayor.

Pros: great food, easy to reach location
Cons: at to a noisy street

Dear Owner and Manager of Imboonbarame: