Serves meat, veg options available. Cajun style food with vegan options including french toast, biscuits and gravy, and tofu sandwich. Price: Moderate more-less
Cajun, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by JenDiggity
FoodAndLoathing
FoodAndLoathing

Loved it!

4 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

For a non-vegetarian restaurant, this place really does alright by vegans by having awesome delicious vegan food! Sure, I want more of it, of course, but Ike's is doing better than most.

I got the Vegan Creole BLT, which was great! Veggie bacon, a creole remoulade, and a side of vegan potato salad -- win! Plus, I ordered one slice of the vegan French toast for $5, and it was so great that I've thought about it ever since. I posted a picture here, you should take a look because it's a thing of beauty. I think they must have used almond flour on it or something.

It's busy, there's a wait outside, and the place hops, but it's worth being patient. Outside waiting, I overheard people talking about becoming vegan, yayyyy! That instantly improves my day.

Pros: great food, somethinf kinda different, one French toast slice for $5
Cons: gotta be patient before being seated, serves animal meat and secretions, bathroom wait cuz folks stare @ wall art
thursday
thursday

delicious

4 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

ike's is great because they have a hold on a unique culinary style in this town; it's the only place that i know of with so much creole food AND vegan options. try the tempeh etoufee and the veggie demolition sandwich or build your own tasty tofu scramble.

Pros: unique menu, many vegan choices, beautiful outdoor patio
Cons: gets very busy, credit/debit not accepted
JenDiggity
JenDiggity

OMG SO GOOD!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

Ike's has a LOT of vegan options. The french toast is to die for (try it with the brown sugar bananas and pecans...mmm). How about vegan biscuits and gravy? I like getting veg ausage patties, biscuits, and potatoes and making my own breakfas sandwich. Then there's the burgers...yum! They do a cajun tempeh rueben (ruby!), a sausagey, peppery sandwich thing, BLT...there are a LOT of vegan options here, I'm telling you! We hit this place every other weekend or so. They've got a lot of gluten-free options, too. Oh, and I heard they're developing a gluten-free and vegan dessert menu as well. Hooray! Only downside: dang there are a lot of hippies in Nevada City and they sure love Ike's!

Pros: many options, great food, they know their menu
Cons: Not all vegan, watching people eat eggs, a lot of hippies

Dear Owner and Manager of Ike's Quarter Cafe: