Ike's Lair

Serves meat, veg options available. Sandwich shop with locations in the Bay area. Has a vegetarian section on the menu, all of which could be made vegan. Vegan choices include breaded vegan chicken, meatless meatballs, and turkey. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

calivegan46
calivegan46

Awesome place!

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

Stopped here to grab a sandwich for the trip back to LA and was surprised with all the vegan sandwich options! My cashier was vegan and knowledgeable about the vegan options. I decided to go with the meatball sandwich and was happy with my choice. Definitely give this place a try!

magickbaby
magickbaby

so yummy!!!

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2012

We went to the new 1 in Salinas California. My husband and I both have the meatball vegan sandwich it was delicious so yummy we will definitely be going back!!

Pros: vegan cheese, big portions, great bread
Cons: a little pricey, closes at 7 p.m.
tinaisrad
tinaisrad

Delish

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

I've had a couple different sandwiches here and was happy with both. The breaded veggie chicken is quite delicious. Price is a bit high (nearly $9 for a kaiser roll sized sandwich), but when you have a hankering for a big veggie meat sandwich this a great option.

Pros: many veggie sandwiches, good veggie meat, quick service even with a line
Cons: expensive!, parking is a pain, often busy
pop86tart
pop86tart

Disappointing for vegans!

1 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

The sandwich options seemed good standing in line, but when it came time to order, the cashier said the sandwich I wanted was unavailable. I tried to select another one, but again, she said it wasn't available since they didn't have the breaded vegetable needed for the ingredients! The only option she suggested was just some vegetables in between bread, nothing that Subway couldn't do. My friend got a turkey sandwich and said the flavor was fine, but the portions were painfully small and overpriced. I will not be returning!

Cons: very few seating, lack of available vegan options, small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Ike's Lair: