Ike's Lair - Cupertino

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual sandwich shop with flagship location in San Francisco. Has vegetarian and vegan sandwiches using various faux meats like tofurkey, breaded chickn patties, meatballs, plus Daiya vegan cheese. The wheat bread contains honey. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

thanatoid
thanatoid

Veggie heaven!

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

This place seriously rocks for veggies and vegans! While most sandwich places have the same old one or two token vegetarian options, Ike's list is nearly endless! They have all kinds of meat-alternative options (vegan chicken, meatballs, turkey, bacon) and vegan "cheese", and plenty of interesting options. Everything is fresh and tasty, and their staff are super nice! While it's more expensive than an average sandwich place, IMHO the prices are reasonable for what it is (fresh, organic, Halal, etc.).

Pros: Lots of veggie/vegan options, Reasonable prices for fresh, organic ing, Online ordering app (via Facebook)
Cons: Not enough stores =), Higher prices than avg. sandwich shop, A healthier side option would be nice
Crisi_S
Crisi_S

Voted best vegan meatballs in America by PETA;)

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2013

It was the interesting sign outside that got me to pull over. Last time saw a photo of some bald guy with a big smile was years ago to a caribean restaurant and club. So being in the heavily populated of Asian restaurants and blase sandwich spots near De Anza; I was curious. The fact that there are 11 veg sandwiches got me in. The titles kept me there.

Sandwiches are named after sports stars, tech leaders, iconic tv stars, women (I think) and maybe what you have done with them (I think) or maybe what a woman has called you in the past. Who cares. I went with the 'meatless Mike' as there is a note that they have 'the best vegan meatballs in America' by 'PETA'. Ok and endorsement by the famous animal loving furless naked tribe was good enough for me. On dutch crunch bread with the dirty sauce, lettuce and tomato..

It was amazing. I mean a sandwich is a sandwich but when you don't mind to throw down ten bucks on one, it must be good. All I have to say is the dutch crunch is crazy good and the sauce.. ohhhh the sauce. Sooo good it would dirt taste edible. Yes the vegan meatballs from what little I got, were very tasty.

Can't wait to bring my family here:)

Dear Owner and Manager of Ike's Lair - Cupertino: