CLOSED: Igo Vego - Food Cart

Vegetarian food cart Operating since mid-April 2012; at this location thru mid-April 2013. Makes vegan burgers made with raw ingredients and buns from Nature's Bakery Co-op; plus salads and sweets. AUG 2013 REPORTED CLOSED BY OWNER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Raw, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out only
2 E Mifflin St (downtown Madison)
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
608-658-7081

Open Mon-Fri 11am-2pm.

First Review by Mathew Howell
Mathew Howell
Mathew Howell

Highly recommended

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

As a cart around the capitol building the usual restaurant pros/cons don't apply, but the food is better than any vegan restaurant food I've ever had, seriously. I tried the mystic mushroom and chili burger-3 alarm I think it was called-and while the chili burger was really good, I couldn't believe how good the mystic mushroom was. My only issue is that I'm a student and the portion sizes for a guy my size-6'0"/205 lbs-are not big enough that I could fill up on less than two burgers, which ran me $14 at $7 a burger. So for me I need larger portions to be able to eat there regularly, but as a vegan I try to support the food cart as much as possible. Highly recommended even if you can't eat there too often, but if you're a small eater there are no cons to speak of.

Pros: Excellent Food, Very Friendly, Vegan
Cons: Portion Sizes

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Igo Vego - Food Cart: