On the 3rd floor of the Buy Now Electronics department store, at 上海市,浦东区,张扬路588号,在百脑汇. Cooks with fresh vegetables and no meat, egg, dairy, or GMO. Offers lunch set meals. Quiet atmosphere, free Wi-Fi, English-Chinese menu with pictures, some English spoken. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Take-out
588 Zhangyang Rd (North Nanquan Rd)
Shanghai, China 200122

Mon-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm, 4:00pm-9:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by Tianci
vh089
vh089

Delicious food, good price, really nice atmosphere

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2015

If Vegan is super fresh and nice has a nice balance of mock meats (which are so much better than the real thing-- all of my omnivorous, not super veg-friendly friends agreed!) and vegetable dishes. Also delicious smoothies/juices, brown rice and whole grains-- just a healthier spin on some favorites that we all crave in China.

Tucked in the back of the 3rd floor of an electronics store, once you get inside, it's a really nice atmosphere-- you could hang out here for a while, and you'll probably want to. I cannot wait to go back to If Vegan-- I have been in Shanghai for several months now and this is some of the best food I've had since I've been here. The portions are decent; we got three dishes and two bowls of brown rice for two people plus drinks and were stuffed, for about 175 yuan. Friendly staff too! (And I'm 99% sure there's no smoking here, which is a huge plus.)

Pros: nice atmosphere, good value, excellent food
SteveJohnson
SteveJohnson

Found It Too

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

Menu looks great nice atmosphere. So giving 4 stars for that. Will update after I eat.

Jrosworld
Jrosworld

Excellent

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

It's not so easy to find, so a big thank you to the previous reviewer. Your directions were incredibly helpful.

When you do find it though, what you're greeted with is a restaurant with a fully-vegan, English picture menu, a plentiful number of cheery staff, a bright, relaxing interior, and some absolutely delicious, reasonably-priced food.

There's free wifi, and the menu covers a range of different cuisines. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Tianci
Tianci

Excellent Lunch!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

Finding "If Vegan" might be a little tricky, but it it not hard. It is located on the third floor of the huge, Buy Now Electronics Department store (Chinese: 百脑汇). When entering the store from the main street, take a right off the escalator on the third floor and you should see the restaurant straight ahead. I left a Happy Cow window sticker.

"If Vegan" is easily reached from the Century Avenue Station in Pudong where the #2, 4, 6, and 9 lines meet. Take exit 12 and at the corner, turn left onto Zhangyang Rd. It can also be reached from the Shangcheng Station on the #9 line. Take exit 2 toward Nanquan Rd., and right on Nanquan Rd to Zhangyang Rd. Look for the Buy Now Store.

The folks at If Vegan were quite nice, and at least one spoke English. We had lunch there and it was not too crowded; although we were a bit late.

The food was great! We got a set meal as shown in the pictures I posted. Quite tasty! (But then I was really hungry!)

You shouldn't have any trouble with the menu as it is in both Chinese and English and has pictures. They have lunch specials which we would recommend if you are there at that time.

Due to its location, if you are interested in electronic gadgets, you can combine a trip there with a great meal! Food is good, but with electronics you take your chances!

Pros: Picture menu with English, Reasonably priced, English spoken (by at least one)
Cons: May not be easy to find

Dear Owner and Manager of If Vegan: