All vegan restaurant located in a small town just outside Rome, easy to reach by the GRA (exit 11-Nomentana). Small, seats 20+, and the atmosphere is nice. Offers a fixed menu for around 25 euros which includes 2 first course, 2 second course, side dish, dessert, and water. Dogs can eat vegan too, for 1 euro. On Wednesdays diners receive a takeaway gift which might be a dessert or buns. Uses seasonal vegetable. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Via III Novembre, 59
Mentana, Italy

Mon 12:30pm-2:30pm, 7:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Sun 12:30pm-2:30pm, 7:00pm-11:00pm

• Reservations required

First Review by rippinkittin

A wonderful host

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2015

We had dinner here a few days ago and we were very satisfied both with the food and the warm hospitality. The owner, a vegan yoga instructor, is very kind and tries her best to make everyone feel at home. We started with a wholemeal radicchio risotto followed by wholemeal spaghetti with squash and pears. Both dishes were nice and portions very generous. We went on with a main course made up of beetroot and wild fennel cream, a seed and nut energy ball on carrot cream, and some nice lentil balls in crust, as well as Brussels sprouts coated by an original wholemeal bread and beetroot crust. As a dessert we tried the redcurrant tart and a decadent Sachertorte, very light but really scrumptious. We didn't order wine but I noticed that the wine choice was also quite good.

Pros: A warm hospitality, Nice cuisine, Portions are big
Cecilia B.
Cecilia B.

Must try!

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

E' un ristorante molto accogliente, con piatti finemente curati.
il menù è fisso e cambia ogni giorno. Il prezzo è di 25€, comprende due primi, due secondi, un contorno, dolce e acqua.
Hanno anche diverse opzioni di vini biologici.
Può non sembrare economico ma vi assicuro che uscirete dal ristorante davvero sazi, contenti di aver provato piatti piuttosto inusuali.
Tutto quello che ho mangiato era perfetto: spaghetti con pistacchio e alghe, crespelle servite con cremina di ceci e carote, mousse di verdure, olive ascolane e caprese (pomodori e formaggio vegan), tortino dolce al cacao e cocco, forse l'unica cosa che non mi è piaciuta. La prossima volta proverò un altro dolce.
Avrei preferito poter avere diverse opzioni e non un menù fisso, ma capisco benissimo che questo è sicuramente il miglior modo per accertarsi che non venga sprecato o avanzato nulla.
La prenotazione è obbligatoria.
A fine pasto viene sempre regalato qualcosa da consumare il giorno successivo, bella pensata!

It is a very cozy restaurant, with well-finished dishes.
There is a fixed menu and it changes every day.
The price is 25 €: two first course, two second course, a side dish, dessert and water.
They also have several options for organic wines.
It may not seem cheap but I assure you that you will leave the restaurant really satisfied, glad to have tried pretty unusual food.
Everything I ate was perfect: spaghetti with pistachio and algae, pancakes served with creamy sauce with peas and carrots, vegetable mousse, olive all'ascolana and caprese (tomatoes and vegan cheese), sweet cake with chocolate and coconut (the only thing I did not like). Next time I'll try another cake.
I would have preferred to have different options rather than a fixed menu, but I fully understand this is definitely the best way to make sure there is not wasted food.
A reservation is required.
Dogs are allowed of course (vegan food for them).
Before leaving, they always give something to eat for the next day, good idea!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2012

I had dinner in this wonderful, cozy and elegant restaurant, which just entering makes you feel perfectly at ease .
I redeemed a special offer, so there was a discount on the fixed menu and on drinks (20 euros instead of 25 for the menù, and 5% discount on beverages), but surely this has not affected the flavours and portions offered .. We enjoyed delicious ravioli tofu and seitan, pie crepes with sauce seitan (gorgeous, lasagna-like), seitan strong&sweet, vegetable pie and "olive ascolane", and finally, instead of sorbet that was expected in the menu, because of a small misunderstanding that has created absolutely no problem and indeed, it is proved advantageous for our palate, we tasted amazing raw hearts of dried fruit and carobs ... all vegan, organic, delicate flavours which at the same time do not allow themselves to forget easily, and a perfect negroamaro wine to drink. I left the restaurant happy and filled with the desire to return a thousand times!
ps: remember to book!

Pros: atmosphere, perfect food, good price

Dear Owner and Manager of I Sapori di Liila: