I Love Vegetarian De Ra Sa

Vegan restaurant offering mostly Indonesian food with some Chinese dishes. Ample vegetable plates with choice of noodles or rice, plus a variety of mock meats. Located on the way to the airport on the Kuta Bypass Road. The nearest main intersection has an enormous white statue and the main hospital BIMC is located a little further up that main road. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Indonesian, Chinese
Petrokoan Graha Tuban Kav 6, Jalan Bypass, Gusti Ngurah Rai 88 C, Kuta
Bali, Indonesia
0361-768042

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by swestrich

Unable to find it

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

I can't give it a good or bad review because I couldn't find it. I took a taxi because there's no other way to cross the bypass. The driver checked with another driver before we left to be sure of the address. It wasn't there and he then check with two locals who were unable to help. Given others seem to have found it pretty easy I can only guess it has shut down or the address here us wrong.

plenty of choices

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

Me and my friend were more than satisfied with the food. We had soup, fried noodles, various mock meat and a desert. Everything was delicious. Only thing I would consider as a con is the ambience. A bit too gloomy and plain in my opinion. But the food is great. It's worth a visit

Pros: good price, large number of meals, menu is with pictures
Cons: location

superb

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Staff speaks barely English but is very friendly and the menu quite huge; every meal is shown in pictures, so one knows what (s)he's going to get. The Mie Goreng Seafood didn't contain any mock seafood, though (as one would expect), but it was delicious anyway and everything else just perfect. Prices are very fair. The taxi driver might try to charge you twice as much (from Kuta Beach!) as two meals will cost you. The restaurant is located along a very busy road with no safe access for pedestrians; crossing the street can be a hazard.

Cheap, yummy, clean

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

After getting ourselves very lost trying to find Happy Buddha we were elated to see a vege restaurant. The staff can't speak English but it wasn't an issue as they were so nice and the menu has pics. I'm pretty sure it's vegan. Our total meal came to 91,000 R which is about $9 Australian - two mains, goreng fried rice and two soft drinks. You can't complain about that ;)

Pros: cheap, tasty, vegan
Cons: not the most amazing veg food but still very nice

Delicious!

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

Both times I have been here have been fantastic. The food is delicious, the menu extensive (approx 100 tasty vegan dishes!) and the food is unique. They have a great range of seitan faux meat too, one of which tastes exactly like bacon - best substitutes I've had. However, the menu isn't just meat substitutes, there is a huge variety of vegetable dishes and something for every palette. Rock bottom prices! Strongly recommend this restaurant.
The full address is (10 min from the airport):
Pertokoan Graha Tuban Kav. 6,
JL. Bypass Ngurah Rai 88C
(Depan Pompa Bensin)
Tuban Kuta Bali
Tel: 0361 768042

Pros: Amazing food, Very cheap, Menu with images
Cons: Limited level of English speaking

In love with this place!

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

This is such a great little restaurant, we were lucky to be staying so close. We ate here 3 nights in a row upon arriving in Kuta, and made sure to return once more just before we flew out. The gals that run the place are very sweet, and did their best to translate as we hadn't grasped much of the language yet. There are almost too many options, but everything we tried was amazing! The menu is fully vegetarian, but does use some egg - not a problem to avoid though, there is lots to choose from. The faux meats were really good, and all the flavours were spot on. If we ever return to Bali, we will definitely come back here!

Pros: Amazing food, Fast service, Lovely staff
Cons: A bit out of the way

great vegan food

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

Best place on the island with very tasty vegan food. Huge choice and friendly personal. Easy to find this location. Highly recommend!

A good surprise

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

A very good surprise... this restaurant is probably vegan, but I'm not sure. As the staff where not really speack english. But the food was delicious, it was a good experience. I can recommand this place.

Cheap and tasty

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

If you like fake meats and chinese style cuisine, go to De ra sa for sure. Cheap, clean, the menu is all pictures which helps a lot cuz the employees dont speak english.

Pros: cheap, good taste
Cons: Poor english

Excellent find

5 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2012

This restaurant is pretty amazing, they have a very impressive menu. It's also quite inexpensive. They don't speak English though, so it's pretty much a guessing game on what food you are getting. The menu has pictures though so all is good :). The waitresses are also cute :P

Pros: Inexpensive, Nice menu, Great food
Cons: No English

Dear Owner and Manager of I Love Vegetarian De Ra Sa: