Serves meat, veg options available. Aug 2013 reported added meat and is no longer pure veg. Small, relaxed cafe located inside The Purple Lotus Health & Fitness center. Kitchen could make a dish to meet diet request. Offers soups, salads, artisan bread, vegan cake, flapjacks, brownies; drinks include teas, fair trade organic coffee, fresh vegetable and fruit juices, shakes and smoothies. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, British, English, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
Kinmont Barn, Treasury Court

NigelSmithson
NigelSmithson

some vegan options.

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

The soups are a good bet for being vegan. Just had an excellent home made soup with lentils and pearl barley.

Pros: vegan friendly
Cons: not a huge amount of vegan. options.
OneNightStanzas
OneNightStanzas

I love this place!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

I just visited this cafe for the first time having searched on Happy Cow for vegan places in Carlisle. My parents live nearby and I'm always bummed about not having somewhere nice to go for coffee and cake when I visit. I'd never heard of this place before so was pleasantly surprised when it came up -- finally this town has a vegan cafe!

It's really cool, too -- located in a really sweet little courtyard, so it has a nice outlook. Lots of windows make it light and airy and it's painted in nice bright colours. The furniture etc is all quite basic but it's a cheery little place. The service was really really great -- the bloke who served us was super friendly and chatty and made us feel very welcome.

My parents ordered coffees -- there were cow milk and non dairy options for the milk -- and I had tea with soy milk supplied at no extra cost. We also had a vegan scone each which came with vegan margarine and jam. The scones were delicious and the coffees were apparently great too. We felt able to sit and chat for as long as we wanted, to chill out and enjoy the nice background music :)

I'll definitely be coming back here whenever I visit Carlisle and I'd highly recommend it!

Pros: Yay scones!, Lots of non-dairy drink options, Lovely lovely service
Cons: Quite basic, but cheery, It's a small place so could get busy...
DJAlbertFreeman
DJAlbertFreeman

Lovely little cafe

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

Really nice little place, run by friendly people who will stop and have a chat. If I was local, I would definitely be a regular.

The menu is limited, because it is only a small cafe, but they do lovely soup and freshly prepared juices, and have a great range of teas.

Pros: friendly, healthy, tasty
Cons: limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of I Love Cafe: