Serves meat, veg options available. In 2012 added a vegan menu with items including enchiladas, chile rellenos and burritos. Uses daiya cheese and Gardein products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Take-out, Non-veg

Ajolote
Ajolote

get the fajitas!

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

The beef fajitas are amazing... And I am Mexican, so I know what I am talking about

XVXveganXVX
XVXveganXVX

not so seperate

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

The atmosphere was awesome. mariachie trio singing cover songs was great. Their seperate vegan menu is commendable and I do appreciate them for trying however my faux beef burrito had a small piece of not so faux beef in it. The rest of it was super yummy. When I agree to have my food cooked in the same area as non vegan food I am already making a compromise, eating non vegan food is not part of that. Doubt it happens often and they were very nice and comped the food but I would investigate my food a little further next time prior to chowing down here.

Pros: fun environment, big portions, no smoking
Cons: not so seperate cooking areas
sundrop
sundrop

Enough with the Gardein!

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2013

On the last two trips through Vegas, we've stopped at Yard House and Hussong's, both listing vegan menus. Can't complain about that, they are making the effort (though neither guarantee that their vegan items haven't been made with utensils or equipment that may have just been flipping burgers...). Basically, subbing Gardein for meat in a few of their dishes is an easy way to go, but personally, I'm not looking for imitation meat - hey, if you are a Mexican restaurant, why not just a basic bean burrito, instead of having "chicken" or "beef" Gardein in every dish? The stuff is just a bit much for me....

Soul2Soul Educare
Soul2Soul Educare

Great Tasting Food with a Separate Vegan Menu

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

On a recent road trip across the US, we visited Las Vegas, and were pleasantly surprised when we found this restaurant which proudly boasted on their front window "Vegan Menu now available". We quickly entered the restaurant and were presented with a separate vegan menu. Their selection was great and they used daiya cheese to substitute regular cheese, plus used "Gardein seitan strips to substitute meat. Their dishes were very inventive and delicious. We were happy that we had an option for vegan food.

TucsonVeganGal
TucsonVeganGal

Good value for the money

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

Hussong's Cantina was a breath of fresh air in terms of price as compared to any of the Wynn restaurants. The "Chicken" burrito was amazing and the staff was attentive. If you get lucky you might get serenaded by musicians as well. Very good experience!

Pros: Quality of Food, Service, Musicians
Cons: Where's the breakfast for vegans?, Where's the vegan dessert?
olyheather
olyheather

Awesome vegan happy hour!

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2013

Went there for happy hour -- they had an awesome deal for a beer and a taco for $5. I got the vegan taco that featured marinated gardein beef. So good! They had a whole separate vegan menu and all of the options sounded really good. If I lived there I'd definitely go back--often!

Pros: separate vegan menu, great cocktails, happy hour
Cons: they close at 11pm
sandramv
sandramv

awesome :)

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

it is so great to see a whole vegan menu at a place like this, the menu has great options and the service is really great. the waiters/bartenders give recommendations, because, even if they are not vegan, they have to try all of it :) i had the sopes, which were very yummy, and were exactly what i needed, since i was not that hungry.

Pros: separate menu, great taste, service
Eminlv
Eminlv

great vegan options!

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2012

"Steak" tacos and gardein chicken burrito were both great! All of their beans AND rice are vegan!! Very fresh food, great service and atmosphere.

Pros: lots of options, rock and roll mariachi!
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Hussong's Cantina: