Huong Vien - Nguyen Van Luong

Mostly vegan menu includes noodles, rice, veggies, mockmeats. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Shelter from the storm! - thank you Bob

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2007

I found this branch of Huong Vien during a deluge last week - out searching for an artists house when I spotted it - sat there for almost an hour until the sun emerged - drinking tea & sampling a few "house special dishes" - super-simple place - swept clean regularly enough - open to the street - nothing in English so language illiterates such as myself succeed by pointing & holding up the required number of fingers - perhaps 20 locals came to buy "take aways" whilst I was there - all left happy with good sized bags / boxes of food but I do not think that any of their bills exceeded US$ 1 / 16,000 VND - from the amused looks on the faces when they saw me I guess that not too many Caucasians eat there - I will go there again when I am in the area. Very good for what it is - a simple local eating place. Could not work out whether or not they used eggs.

Pros: Lovely staff, Priced for local workers, Airy
Cons: None whatsoever - you, cannot fault such an, innocent place!

Dear Owner and Manager of Huong Vien - Nguyen Van Luong: