Start Jan 2013 vegan food delivery service only; previously operated a restaurant at Avenida Tulum in the locations that's now Pachelle. more-less

First Review by Rosalia Bautista
TwoPlease
TwoPlease

Seconds please!

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

My sister and I were pleasantly surprised to find an all vegan resaurant in Tulum! When we read the menu to see that they offered vegan tacos we headed straight over. We ordered three tacos each... and the Try It All platter. Both were so good we sat around for a half an hour.. and ordered three more tacos each and a Hummus platter. We also ordered the ginger juice as well as the lemon juice both of which they make there. The whole meal was ridiculously cheap and super tasty. We will be thinking of this place during the rest of our travels.. and whenever we get hungry from here on in.

desjaaa0
desjaaa0

Wonderful People

4 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2012

The food is good but the people make the place. They opened up for me and my friends hours before they opened.

GalenLoram
GalenLoram

Om nom nom nom Vegan Tacos!!

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2012

Mexico food and Vegan food can be a tough combination to find - even in somewhere like Tulum where you can't throw a rock and not hit a eco resort. So, when wandering about, hungry after a day on the beach, desperately searching for vegan food, we were thrilled when we found Hungry Veggie.

The first day we just went for what was on special - which was the veggie burger and the mezze plate - which were ridiculously tasty.

The second day, we tried the curry (pretty good) and the tacos (OH MY GOD THE TACOS).

So, the tacos are obscenely cheap (they're like, less than a dollar a taco I think). And So Good. So So SO good.

So we started coming back for the tacos. Over, and over, and over again. One time, we were supposed to go Scuba Diving, so I came and begged Steve - the kind proprietor of the restaurant - to open early just so we could have a dozen tacos for the day, a request he kindly accommodated. We tried to go to other places - variety is the spice of life and all that - but, really, we just kept coming back. I think in the six days of our vacation that we had within 30 miles of here, we came NINE times.

And totally would have kept coming. Awesome, awesome place. Delicious food, great prices, friendly owner - what more do you want?

Pros: Yummy, Cheap, Healthy

squirel52
squirel52

Great food in the most unlikely of places

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

At the very south end of Tulum town is this hidden gem, Hungry Veggie (directions below).
Run by an English vegan, all the dishes are vegan at extremely reasonable prices - other reviewers have commented to the effect of "too cheap to stay in business" but you're going to want to tip extra just on the basis of the food.

Now open 7 days, on Fridays the proprietors sister runs Falafel Fridays complete with baked vegan deserts. On the other days a small but tasty menu provides enough range to keep you fed for a few days.

To find Hungry Veggie: Head south down the main road until you pass Rancho Tranquilo and a church on the right, and it will be right there in an unassuming little hut on the left side of the road.

Definitely worth checking out, as though there are a few other options for vegan food around town, you'll not find anything with a full vege or vegan menu.

evZENy
evZENy

the Tulum vegan option

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

Found the place despite the not very clear directions. Met and chat with Steve and his girlfriend. The food is great and well worth it. My only concern is that because of their location and very, very low prices, they will struggle to survive. Wish we had supported them more.

Pros: vegan, tasty, freshly prepared
Heidi Pequena
Heidi Pequena

Delicioso!

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2011

My friend and I found this place in Tulum, it is the only full vegan restaurant that we know of. Everything that we tried was delicious, from curry to a veggie burger to an awesome mix plate. The owner is a Brit and is really friendly, we loved this place!!

jcjames11
jcjames11

Lovely food

5 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

Had a really good meal. Shared Humus and pita bread to start. Then I had a veggie curry and my partner had a thai green curry they were delicious. The man from Essex was very friendly and his girl friend a fab cook. Little gem of a place to find.

Pros: Good food, Good value
literalirony
literalirony

Loved this place!

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2011

My friend and I stumbled upon this place our second day in Tulum and proceeded to eat there three nights in a row. The food is amazing and the owners are absolutely lovely - thoughtful, friendly, and attentive. Between the two of us, I think we tried everything on the menu and - in the end - couldn't pick a favorite. Everything was delicious. We traveled around the Yucatan for two weeks and became quite nostalgic for the luck we had in Tulum for vegetarian options. It's a hard road to take in Mexico, please support these guys!

Pros: delicious, friendly, did I mention delicious?
Rosalia Bautista
Rosalia Bautista

Genuine tasty vegan food!

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2011

We were traveling in Quinatna Roo and found this place which was great because we had had enough of the same tacos with beans and rice. They offer a diverse menu at a generous price and big portions. Thank you hungry veggie!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Hungry Veggie: