Small vegan bed and breakfast located on 20+ wooded acres. more-less

MegBair
MegBair

Best

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

My boyfriend and I recently took a short little vacation here with another couple. Petra and Mike are so accommodating and the the house is tucked away in a beautiful spot at the bottom of the mountains. We were all so glad we came. The breakfast was always freshly made and the house was open and comfortable. I'd stay here again for sure!

P.S. If you want to go anywhere just ask Petra she makes the best maps in town ;)

Pros: excellent food, quiet, friendly
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

lovely B&B

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

We stayed at the Hungry Ghost for the weekend just after the 4th of July. The grounds are gorgeous and lush. You are surrounded by the woods and the pond has croaking frogs. So peaceful. The house itself is largely open for guest use. There are three rooms, two downstairs and one upstairs. We chose the upstairs one as it has an a/c wall unit. The stairs are spiral and overlook the living room. The room was lovely except there were no curtains on the windows. Granted, there is nothing but trees outside, but it was a bit disconcerting. Also, there is only one shared bathroom for all 3 rooms which meant we had to go down the spiral staircase each time. Their website didn't note this on the individual rooms and it was not mentioned when we called to make the reservation. After the fact, I did find the shared bathroom notation on their website, but it was at the bottom of the main accommodation page. Luckily, the other guests used the bathroom minimally, so there were no issues. Also, there is a wonderful outdoor shower to use as well (bathrobes and slippers are provided). It was so refreshing to relax there after a long hot day while watching the scenery. There is a hot tub for guest use as well. Due to the warm weather, we were able to enjoy breakfast outside on the patio. The breakfasts were fabulous. The first morning we had chickpea crepes filled with vegan cheese, capers, mini peppers and dill. So savory and tasty! Second morning included chocolate chip banana pancakes with chunky hot applesauce on the side. Excellent coffee too. The owner, Petra, was very helpful with directions and local information as well. The atmosphere is very communal. We enjoyed our visit and would highly recommend the Hungry Ghost to anyone comfortable with a shared bathroom situation.

Pros: gorgeous location, tasty breakfasts, great host
Cons: shared bathroom
plonitalmoni
plonitalmoni

Lovely

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

We recently stayed here with a couple of friends. Had a lovely time. The rooms were comfortable and our hosts friendly. It was winter and they kept the wood fire burning. Breakfast was yummy.

Only non ideal was that the bathroom is shared and downstairs which made it feel like we paid more for our room than we should have.

Pros: warm and inviting, good food, friendly hosts
Cons: bathroom downstairs

VeganSunflower
VeganSunflower

Great getaway!

4 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend here and it was gorgeous. I was in the winter and there was a recent snow. The outdoor hot tub was awesome because we were surrounded by the woods and snow. The owner of the house, Petra was a great lady! She was very helpful as to what we could do around there and about the surrounding town. Great getaway and gorgeous room!

Pros: away from the city, outdoor hot tub, romantic
Cons: can be difficult to drive through to, middle of no where.. sort of
John D.
John D.

A Beautiful, Relaxing Escape

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

My partner and I stayed at this vegan B&B briefly for her birthday, and we had an absolutely wonderful time. Set 500 back from the road in the woods, the house is beautiful and impeccably well-kept and maintained by its owners, who are welcoming, friendly, and warm. There's a hot tub, an outdoor shower, and very comfy bedrooms. The vegan breakfast was delicious, and I was only disappointed in the briefness of our stay (which was my own fault, since I had not been able to schedule an entire weekend). We are both eager to go back!

judyfilip
judyfilip

Great

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2012

Lovely, relaxing atmosphere with vegan breakfasts and a raw food class and dinner. Lots of activities in the area including Storm King Art Center, FDR's home, hiking and the town of New Paltz....

Pros: lovely, good food, great hosts
Cons: too far from home, shared bath

Dear Owner and Manager of Hungry Ghost Guest House: