Hummus Place - East Village

Kosher hummus cafe with several NYC locations. Small menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Kosher, Israeli, Middle Eastern, Take-out, Delivery
109 St. Marks Pl (1st, East Village, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10009
212-529-9198
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-2:00pm, Sun 11:00am-12:00am

First Review by AndrewL
veggiesattva
veggiesattva

Great hummus restaurant - my favorite in NYC!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

CT resident here, but I've eaten at Hummus Place and this location specifically at least a dozen times. It is my go-to affordable & reliably delicious dinner in NYC, if I'm anywhere in the vicinity. Eaten there with a party of 4, we all left totally stuffed for $70 including 20% tip! And got to enjoy like 10 different dishes on the table, highly satisfying.

Hummus Place has several locations. This one is lovely and full of character. The food is delicious and almost all of it is vegan. Authentic Israelis have told me they love the food here too, so I take that as a solid endorsement. I've loved all the food I've eaten here - even simple things like cold vegetable salads are perfectly made and lovely to eat.

Dunno about this guy below accusing them of crumbling hummus?! I've never had one complaint about the hummus. Try the one with fava beans on top (minus the egg) - so great! Wish I could go there right now.

Pros: very cheap, super delicious
Cons: somewhat cramped seating
vegified
vegified

pretty good

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2011

i came here with my brother. we had two appetizers, falafel and eggplant. and two hummus dishes, the mushroom and the tahini. we also had an israeli wine, but i can't remember which one. i can't say that this is the best hummus i've ever had. but i can say that in nyc really good hummus is hard to come by. the hummus and the falafel were pretty good.

AndrewL
AndrewL

Hummus mecca

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2009

How am I the first person to review this place? The hummus is great. Haven't tried the other items and don't really need to, honestly, since the hummus platters are filling and very tasty. Be adventurous and try all the varieties.

Dear Owner and Manager of Hummus Place - East Village: