Humani-T Cafe - Downtown

Serves meat, veg options available. Tea room and cafe. Has vegan gelato, energy bars, vegan shakes, wrap, and soups. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Canadian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven
Guest
Guest

Favorite Cafe

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2014

By far my favorite place to sit and drink coffee, enjoy a vegan treat, or vegan soup. I love the atmosphere here and the setup. The staff is very friendly and the service is amazing. All of their soups are vegan and all the ones I've tried so far are amazingly delicious. They have vegan gelato as well as some vegan desserts, such as chocolate cake and truffles. They are also able to make vegan milkshakes.

Pros: Atmosphere, Vegan options, Gelato/soups
Cons: Would like even more vegan food options
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Gelato!

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

This location is much larger than the other. It's decorated nice and has a great atmosphere. The display cases are jam packed and all vegan options are marked. They have these delicious looking chocolate truffles that I am desperate to try but the food is a bit lacking in the vegan department. They have a spicy vegan wrap and samosas which are virtually identical besides the casing. They do offer all vegan soups as well. Unfortunately, I am a little fussy and not really a soup person nor a fan of Indian food aka curry, so my choices were basically gone. I ended up deciding to try the wrap but didn't like it because of the curry. Hubby took it home to eat later. But honestly, I'd go here just for the vegan gelato. They had 6 vegan choices today and it was hard deciding. I went for the Very Berry Chocolate and my husband got the Banana Peanut Butter. We ended up switching half way through because I didn't like the amount of seeds in mine but the chocolate part was incredible. So, I'd recommend this place for dessert but not so much for the food itself. It's also pretty expensive for what you get. Twenty-eight dollars for 2 wraps, a soup and 2 root beer.

Pros: Vegan gelato, Vegan options, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Pricey , Too few food options

Dear Owner and Manager of Humani-T Cafe - Downtown: