CLOSED: Hui Sin Vegetarian

Self-service buffet featuring noodles, fried noodles, rice with few assortments of curried vegetables. The staff examine your plate and tell you the price. MAY 2014 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Malay, Buffet
11 Lebuh China, Georgetown (/near corner of Lebuh Pantai)
Penang, Malaysia 10200
604-2621443

Open Mon-Fri 8.30am-3pm, closed Sat-Sun.

First Review by bianchina
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Great for lunch

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

A five minute walk from our hotel, this informal place is a real find. It is bright and appears clean and we enjoyed our vegan lunch. The meal was very inexpensive and starring at the plate (instead of weighing it) to determine the cost was amusing. That concept would not fly in Canada.
The friendly person running the place hoped we would return and pointed out the chart on the wall which showed which soups would be available on which days.

Pros: Good food, Inexpensive , Helpful staff
Eric_
Eric_

Great food

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Amazing food in an anonymous corner restaurant. Always a weird feeling when someone tells you a price just by looking at your plate - but those places are always super cheap.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Friendly
Cons: Opening hours
Vgan
Vgan

Good atmosphere

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

Like the Ee Beng on Lebuh Dickens, off Jalan Penang, here you help yourself from the dishes on display and pay according to what's on your plate, or you can have noodle soup made to order. But this place, although smaller and with slightly less choice, has a much better atmosphere owing to lots of natural daylight. There is even some outdoor seating. Good food and good value. This is an excellent area for vegetarians. Turn right at the corner of Lebuh China and Lebuh Penang and you will find two Indian vegetarian restaurants facing each other. Further up Lebuh China, just before Lebuh Bishop, is The Leaf, a semi-Western place. Turn left onto Lebuh Bishop and you will find Ko Chai Lai, another Chinese vegetarian place.
There is another Indian vegetarian place if you turn left at the corner of Lebuh China and Lebuh Penang, but you risk deafness because of its proximity to music and dvd shops where the amplifier is permanently set at 11.

Pros: Good food, Good value, Light, airy atmosphere
Cons: Closed at weekends

Bella123
Bella123

Excellent food, very tasy and good price!!

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

This place is just incredible! It isn't hard to find at all and when I went there for the first time I was positively surprised how much choice they had - and everything vegan!
I felt like in food paradise, especially because it wasnt long ago back then I turned vegan and I couldn't believe how much can actually be created without using all these ingredients u typically use! I felt so happy I found this place coz it's a bit annoying when u always have to ask about ingredients hihi :)
And there it's self service so u just take whatever u want (option between white and brown rice) and after that they will tell u a price. I always wanted to try a lot of different kinds, it was great fun this taste experience and it satisfied me every time! :) The quantity I took was always about the same but the more often I went the more different kinds I tried and the price went slightly up!
But it was never more than 7RM and I always had my plate veeeery full hihi :) I went there every day for a few times, I can highly recommend this place!
Just make sure u come around 12noon coz they close about 2.30-3.00. Guten Appetit :)

Pros: Yummi food, only vegan!!, big buffet with self servic :), friendly staff
Cons: closing about 3pm
bianchina
bianchina

good food and a nice respite from the busy streets

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

easy to find, centrally located, friendly place. served a typical chinese buffet style lunch with many options to choose from, with vegetables, mock meats, mushrooms and tofu. i was happy that they had brown rice (as well as white) also they offered simple sauteed greens without much oil and spices which was a nice healthy option that isn't that common to find. prices were excellent value

Pros: excellent value, tasty food, brown rice and simple greens
Cons: closes at 2.30pm

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Hui Sin Vegetarian: