Hugo's Tacos - Woodland Hills

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of the Hugo's brand, this is a walk-up, quick service eatery offering tacos, burritos, quesadilla, and bowls. Vegans could choose soy chorizo or just rice & bean filling and omit cheese. Ask if this location offers vegan soft serve. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
Now Open

Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm

First Review by bejeweled88

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

One of the most delicious vegan burrito's I ever did have. Reasonable pricing and flexible menu.

Pros: yummy, reasonable, flexible
Cons: minimal seating, minimal menu

Ordered vegan, got COW CHEESE

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

While I'm thrilled to find places that offer lots of vegan and gluten-free options that are clearly marked on the menu, this was a disappointment.

We ordered EVERYTHING vegan and specified that multiple times, but my meal came out with cheese on it which is big mistake for a restaurant to make, especially one that boasts its vegan-friendlyness. Thankfully I noticed the cheese and didn't consume any, and asked for a new dish, vegan as I had ordered. Then the waitress tried to make me PAY MORE to correct the order?!!? So that was not cool. The food was decent, but came in small, not very flavorful portions. We could have spent half of the money and gotten meals 5x bigger and tastier at Chipotle.

The saving grace for me was that the vegan frozen yogurt in the chocolate flavor was delicious! My husband ordered the swirl flavor though and the vanilla seriously tasted like it was mixed with french fry grease.

I might come back for the chocolate vegan frozen yogurt, but we won't return for meals unfortunately due to the bad customer service and mediocre meals.

Pros: Vegan chocolate frozen yogurt
Cons: Ordered vegan, got COW CHEESE, Rude staff, bad customer service, Small portions, not flavorful, bad value

Dear Owner and Manager of Hugo's Tacos - Woodland Hills: