Do not discount Hugo's. This is an higher end resto known for its delicious authentic Mexican food (supposedly George Bush Sr's favourite restaurant). Their menu is primarily meat but they have a whole page of their menu dedicated to vegetarian options (also half the price of the meat dishes). Vegan options are listed on their printed menu (not online). Most have cheese but they were really accommodating to make my meal vegan. Their veg platter plate was delicious. I had to swap a few items but I loved the fresh veg options. Of note, their refried beans are not vegan but if you call in advance they can make a vegan batch for you (they told me it would take a 30 minute lead time). Recommended.Pros: lots of vegetables, very accomodating
Their food is amazing! This is typical interior Mexican cuisine, creatively and beautifully executed. During early summer they offer an array of squash blossom items. Many vegetarian items have cheese or egg, but they do offer a few vegan items, and will prepare to meet specific requests. Sometimes I simply order refried beans, Mexican rice, and handmade corn tortillas - YUMMY! Lentil cakes are good, Chile Rellenos are excellent. You just can't order something there that's not awesome. Sunday brunch is terrific.Pros: decor and patio, food is amazing, wait staff are charming
Cons: interior can be noisy
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Hugo's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 471 times since Jan 2013.