CLOSED: Huey's Hot Dogs

Serves meat, veg options available. Has a separate menu for vegans and vegetarians which includes vegan hot dog served Chicago style or any style you want, plus burgers, chili, and salads. SEPT 2014 SHUT DOWN PER HC MEMBER. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Non-veg
1507 W Balmoral Ave (N Clark St, in Andersonville)
Chicago, Illinois 60640

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by SynthVegan

greesey little dog

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

I asked before ordering if the hot dog was fried because they looked funky, they said they no and they said they'd do it on the dry part of the grill. It was so oily I touched a napkin to it, ate the pickle and gave it back to them... The napkin of course was saturated in oil... I do enjoy a vegan hot dog from time to time and the proper best way to cook them is with steam believe it or not! $5 down the tubes!

Cons: greesey, only fries

Huey's Hot Dogs

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Hot diggity dog!!! This place makes one fine vegan hot dog!

Huey's Hot Dogs offers vegan hot dogs Chicago style or any style you want. They even have veggie burgers, veggie chili, and other offerings such as salads. What's not to like? The Chicago dog is VERY GOOD and is made with fresh/quality ingredients. The food is so good that I returned within 3 days -- and let it be known that I made the trek from downtown to Andersonville for these dogs.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Huey's Hot Dogs: