CLOSED: Huelva Ocho

Serves meat, veg options available. All veg except for a few fish items and gazpacho. Freshly made Spanish fare. Vegan & vegetarian tapas dishes from £1-3 including hummus and olive spreads. JAN 2014 REPORTED SHUT DOWN. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Spanish, Non-veg
8 Calle Huelva, Side Street (/off Plaza de Jesús de la Pasión)
Sevilla, Spain

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Dadolo
Doortje
Doortje

Disappointed

2 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

As a vegetarian, I thought this would be a good place to eat, since they had a lot of veggie options. When I came in the waitress told me two of the vegetarian options weren't available that evening. I ordered the lentil burgers and the toast with goat cheese. The lentil burger was nice, but the bread it was served on tasted a bit old. The goat cheese was served on the same bread, and was ok but nothing more than that, while some of the goat cheese I've had in Spain was simply amazing. The service wasn't great either, and overall I was just disappointed by Huelva Ocho after reading a lot of positive reviews. Maybe the meat dishes are better, I don't know, but I'm sure there are better places to eat for vegetarians.

Doerf003
Doerf003

Unimpressed

2 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

I accidentally stumbled upon this place while looking for another but since it had good reviews I decided to try it out. It's a cute place, I got there early...8:00 p.m. And was the only one there. Usually in circumstances like that you get a little more attention, this certainly wasn't the case. Staff was busy chatting at the bar or outside smoking and there seemed to be some sort of a rift between the male and female staff.

Two of the items that I wanted to try, the crepes, and a tuna tapas I was told were not available. I got the hummus - it was okay, bit chunkier than I'm use to, and a bread/goat cheese/marmalade tapas which was nice.

Overall I was just unimpressed.

Pros: Veg options clearly marked, Nice atmosphere, Fair prices
Cons: Poor service, Several veg options unavailable, Nothing really special
kylavegan
kylavegan

Some vegan options

3 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

We visited Huelva Ocho in May 2013 on a trip to Spain. Overall it was pretty good, though I was expecting to see a few more vegan options on the menu (items were clearly labeled with a V - up to the reader to determine vegan or vegetarian beyond that). Aside for a falafel burgers (without yogurt sauce), they had vegan tapas that many restaurants have (olives, hummus, potatoes, bread with olive oil, tomatoes and lettuce). We didn't realize that potatoes come with a drink, and we had ordered potatoes so we ended up with a lot of potatoes. It had nice outdoor seating and we enjoyed seeing this different part of the city. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to go back but if you're in the area, it would make for a nice dinner.

Pros: Vegan options, Nice outdoor seating, Friendly staff
Cons: Lacking vegan variety

rrosati
rrosati

Great Tapas

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

Huelva Ocho has a great outdoor seating area in a plaza that made the perfect spot for lunch. There is a great selection of salads and vegetarian options. I really liked the lentil hamburgers. The Carrillada, a type of pork stew meat, is the best I've had in Sevilla.

nadiamalaga
nadiamalaga

Real vegetarian

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

Being a vegetarian can be really difficult in a country like Spain. It is almost impossible to find a restaurant with any vegetarian option. That is why I was completely amazed when I saw Huelva Ocho's menu. There are so many veggy dishes that the problem turns into what to choose. You have to try their hummus and the lentil burguer. Completely delicious!Nice staff and welcoming atmosphere with their fireplace.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere
Nephi
Nephi

Huelva Ocho

3 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2012

Nice restaurant in the centre of Sevilla. They have more veggie/vegan options than most other tapas bars in the city. Big portions and not expensive.

• Dadolo82 Dadolo82

I d like to know why the review gives a 3 out of 5 rating if it says that it' s good and cheap. If you enjoyed it, could you change it into a 5* review?

MarinaVogel
MarinaVogel

My favorite Tapas-Bar

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

Very well located! Very central but anyway a quiet place to sit and eat.
After my friends and me were looking for a veggie-friendly restaurant we finally found Huelva8 and went there 4 times in 3 days.
Very tasty and a nice atmosphere.
And if you are there: Don't forget to try Hummus and Queso de cabra gratinado con marmeladas :)

JulianaMendez
JulianaMendez
  • non-vegetarian

I loved the Moorish Bread!!

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2012

Great veggy friendly surprise in Sevilla!! Try the Taboule, and the Tuna Tataki, just amazing!!

Pros: Cheap, Good service, English speaking staff
Cons: Nada
AliciaIguazu
AliciaIguazu

MMMMmm THAT'S GOOD!

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

amazing food for veggy! we had all the veggy option of this restaurant with a friend during our stay in sevilla and everything excellent! salmolejo, hummus, big salad... etc
with moreover a good location in the middle of the downtown...
a place i advise to everyone!

Hanna Louise
Hanna Louise

good vegan tapas

4 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

amazing hummus! probably the best tapas bar for vegans in Sevilla. Nice place--sometimes at night you can overhear flamenco shows

Pros: good food, decent vegan options
Dadolo
Dadolo

Finally!!!!!

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

amazing Hummus, Taboulé, cheeses, crepes qith spinach, simple, cheap but perfect Veggy Tapas!

Pros: location, the nice square, cheap, tasty
Cons: Sevilla s a maze!, none

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Huelva Ocho: